• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Don't blow for the po-po

TJ, to be clear, you find this to be a travesty of justice or just a violation of his rights, or both? Or am I 180 from both of those?

Actually, I feel no sympathy for the guy. He drives like a bat out of hell, when he's not drinking.

His rights weren't violated, he just rolled over and took it ( you know the drill, "it'll be better if you consent to us violating your rights". If he had not "cooperated"/ rolled over and took it, he would have a lot less fines and charges against him.

It's ok, and fully acceptable, for a cop to lie to a lowly citizen, but God forbid a lowly citizen tell the cops a lie.

Whether or not someone is issued a ticket does not determine fault. Are you sure the insurance companies just didn't settle among them selfs?
Or if you were not paid or made good the insurance just convinced you to accept their explanation.
I really can't remember now it was in 1993 I had a 1979 Chevrolet truck with a big heavy step bumper on it with just a little bit of damage done didn't push it much but my point is that he was not given a ticket when should have been

Last edited:
I really can't remember now it was in 1993 I had a 1979 Chevrolet truck with a big heavy step bumper on it with just a little bit of damage do didn't push it much but my point is that he was not given a ticket when should have been
I've worked thousands of wrecks, but only issued citations a handful of times. And only for the worst violations. Figured everyone was having a bad enough day. Most LEO I know are the same. Hell I trained more than a few of them.

Honest to God I had two city cop fly up my driveway right behind me once and start drilling me why I turned off to avoid their roadblock. I didn't even know it was a roadblock I thought it was a wreck but that's besides the point I was just simply driving home. They said the manner in which I turned looked like I was running. You can't make this **** up.

Honest to God I had two city cop fly up my driveway right behind me once and start drilling me why I turned off to avoid their roadblock. I didn't even know it was a roadblock I thought it was a wreck but that's besides the point I was just simply driving home. They said the manner in which I turned looked like I was running. You can't make this **** up.
To be fair if you were working a RB and saw the same thing what would you have thought? (Not including our own opinions of the road block)

Why not? Some folks seem to think I make **** up.

Did you tell them to leave, and their "cause" was over?

Why not? Some folks seem to think I make **** up.

Did you tell them to leave, and their "cause" was over?
Course you would be ok with that if someone was in your yard an the LEO just excepted his word and left the, who know what, alone on your property?

I've worked thousands of wrecks, but only issued citations a handful of times. And only for the worst violations. Figured everyone was having a bad enough day. Most LEO I know are the same. Hell I trained more than a few of them.
Well I wish you and your trainees would have been at every accidents me and most friends have been in

Course you would be ok with that if someone was in your yard an the LEO just excepted his word and left the, who know what, alone on your property?

Should I accept a cops word as being the truthful?

My word is all he's getting from me when I'm on my property.

The cops aren't around when the hood rats are out in my yard stealing my ****, so they might as well stay out of it the rest of the time.

Who wants the cops racing up in their drive and questioning your guest about there business and right to be there?

I had a GSP start to follow me the other night. When I turned in my drive, I was ready for him to follow, but he proceeded down the street. A city cop came behind him and pulled in the neighbor's drive.
I guess they were waiting to see if I left. Which is exactly what they should be doing, not racing up people's drives and giving residents a bunch of grief.

Probable cause. Not probably cause.

Back
Top Bottom