• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Don't blow for the po-po

Thank you, most here don't want to look in the mirror and see the real problem. Much easier to blame someone that doesn't make the rules.
Numerous courts have ruled the stops constitutional so the average person (LEO or otherwise)accepts this. Only action by the voting public will fix this.

You know that will never happen. If a bill were introduced on the floor of the assembly to greatly restrict or prohibit the use of road blocks, The Sheriff's Association, MADD, and every other big money lobby group would lose their minds. Hell, the government runs DUI commercials, bragging about checkpoints.

The gun law changes came about because of well funded lobby groups not in spite of them.

I'm not saying not to try but there is on hell of a hill to climb.

You know that will never happen. If a bill were introduced on the floor of the assembly to greatly restrict or prohibit the use of road blocks, The Sheriff's Association, MADD, and every other big money lobby group would lose their minds. Hell, the government runs DUI commercials, bragging about checkpoints.

The gun law changes came about because of well funded lobby groups not in spite of them.

I'm not saying not to try but there is on hell of a hill to climb.
I think there are 13 states where random roadblocks are against the state constitution.

How about this instead?

Don't drink and drive.

That solves a lot of things. But far too often people can't do something that simple because "they're ok". Sorry, sometimes you're not "ok". Sometimes your poor choice causes others to loose loved ones.

How about this instead?

Don't drink and drive.

That solves a lot of things. But far too often people can't do something that simple because "they're ok". Sorry, sometimes you're not "ok". Sometimes your poor choice causes others to loose loved ones.
How about this?

I don't drink and drive but I am still subjected to the same roadblocks and the same dumb **** questions as those that do.

How about this instead?

Don't drink and drive.

Driving under the influence is a crime, but that does not mean we should all have our rights violated to find a criminal.

Back
Top Bottom