• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Don't go near the water!!!

Years ago my father told me a story, that lightning hit the road in from of him, and a large ball of something came toward him and hit the truck. It locked the truck up and he slid to a stop, and it had welded both front wheel bearings and he had to have the truck towed for repair.

That sounds like what I think they call ball lightning.
I looked it up many years ago.

In a cabin on a lake in Jersey, the power lines that ran over the lake had that going on during one lightning storm.
It made a lot of noise, crackling and such, was pretty scary at the time.
Only time I've ever seen it, a ball of lightning rolling down the power lines, was pretty crazy...

That sounds like what I think they call ball lightning.
I looked it up many years ago.

In a cabin on a lake in Jersey, the power lines that ran over the lake had that going on during one lightning storm.
It made a lot of noise, crackling and such, was pretty scary at the time.
Only time I've ever seen it, a ball of lightning rolling down the power lines, was pretty crazy...

My dad said he never told people that story because they didn't believe what he described, and it made him feel uncomfortable being doubted. He sure could have used you to back him up, lol. I just looked it up, he would have loved to see some of the stories.

I don't think that was lightning .

stallonezone.com_z062005war_worlds.jpg_65c1afc687a019deda16a4517520fb89.jpg

My dad said he never told people that story because they didn't believe what he described, and it made him feel uncomfortable being doubted. He sure could have used you to back him up, lol. I just looked it up, he would have loved to see some of the stories.
I saw some ball lightning on Hartsfield airport years ago. We were adding a piece of ductbank to an existing run and had about 150' of ditch open .There was a storm coming up on the other end of the field which was at least a mile and a half away .Lightning struck out of that cloud and in a couple of seconds a ball of lightning popped out at the end of our ditch where the airfield counterpoise wire was exposed and it rolled down the ditch and disappeared when it hit the slope at the end. If I had been in that ditch I'm sure I could have set some kind of land speed record getting out of there.LOL

Back
Top Bottom