• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Don't know ANYTHING about fishing...

Get_Training

Default rank <1000 posts
Memento Mori
97   0
Reaction score
So I've always wanted to get into saltwater fishing. I've fished from shore a couple times before with an old family friend, and I'd like to salt water fish as a hobby. So, knowing next to nothing. Where's a good source for beginner information? Everything from where to fish to what equipment.

So I've always wanted to get into saltwater fishing. I've fished from shore a couple times before with an old family friend, and I'd like to salt water fish as a hobby. So, knowing next to nothing. Where's a good source for beginner information? Everything from where to fish to what equipment.
First decide what you want to target...Decide if you want shallow or deep water fishing. The best way to have first hand experience is to hire a guide in the area you wish to fish..Coastal fishing and gulf fishing are two different birds..Good luck in your search for the gold!

One of the places to fish is the little pier at Fort Pickens in Pensacola Florida if you can fish weekdays better that weekends in mid to late March when they have the Sheepshead run along with Pompano, Spanish Mackerel, Kings and lots of other fish. Use light tackle 8-12lb mono line with 12-15lb mono leader and 6-7ft rod. Just use live shrimp, fiddler crabs, sand fleas(you can catch) and take some metal jigs, spoons, gotcha plugs(the artificial is best for the King and Spanish mackerel along with the blues use super lines with steel leader for the these fish when they are running) The campground at Ft. Pickens are the cleanest I have ever seen.

You will catch so much fish and have a great time there if you ever get to go.

Back
Top Bottom