• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Doraville sued over illegal ticketing scheme

araomd

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
59   0
Reaction score
Isn't Doraville the city that has a police tank?

https://ij.org/press-release/doravi...allenging-citys-overzealous-ticketing-scheme/

“Police are supposed to serve and protect, not ticket to collect,” said Josh House, an attorney at the Institute for Justice. “Yet, that’s exactly what they are doing in Doraville. Today’s decision means that our clients will get their day in court to challenge the city’s illegal ticketing scheme.”

I hope the plaintiffs prevail and it that those who are responsible for this policy are relieved of their duties, post haste. Doraville has always been a trap where inoperable tag light tickets cost $250 and the cops are revenue agents. Interestingly, when I was growing up in Dekalb County back in the 1970's, Doraville was a dive that people wanted to move out of now it's still a dive but the hipsters want to move in. Go figure.

Pretty damn common. As near as I can tell the police force here in our town exists only to collect revenue. Their response to actual crimes seems quite muted but they have the fastest ticket books around.
I spoke to the chief in another local town and he said that 1 LG officer writes more tickets a month than his entire police force.

I hope the plaintiffs prevail and it that those who are responsible for this policy are relieved of their duties, post haste. Doraville has always been a trap where inoperable tag light tickets cost $250 and the cops are revenue agents. Interestingly, when I was growing up in Dekalb County back in the 1970's, Doraville was a dive that people wanted to move out of now it's still a dive but the hipsters want to move in. Go figure.

Chamblee too.

You can bet your ass other jurisdictions will be watching this case. They would have liked nothing better than to have this case thrown out.

Da police is a business not a service. Aint no money in stopping crime. the money is in DUI, Red light runners, taillights out, Pot, expired tag, ya know the stuff that comes with a fine just high enough that you can still pay it.

Just like Holly Springs police. They would rather collect revenue from Sunday morning church goers on 575 than catch gun thieves less than a mile from their station.

Come on now, you know how dangerous being a cop is. I'm just glad that they have the time to go after the evil churchgoers. After all, we can't just have people running around preaching the gospel, but the firearm thieves ain't hurting nobody.

Back
Top Bottom