• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Double action - single action hammer fired pistols

Here's an interesting thing about exposed-hammer semi-autos:

When you dry fire one, you can plainly see the hammer fall. You see it move. It's fast, but your eye spots it and your brain processes the image and stores it in your memory.

But when you see such a gun actually shooting (whether you shoot it or watch somebody else shoot one), you can't see the hammer move.

One second the hammer is back as the shooter is pressing the trigger, and NEXT THING YOU SEE is the gun recoiling up, and the hammer is already fully back, ready for the next shot!

I am a hammer fired SA guy all the way. The trigger just can not be beat. By anyone! This is fact not fiction. Nor is it a biased decision based on any gun out there. Except the 1911. OOOPS! Did I just say that out loud.

Really like DA/SA pistols. Carry a P229 on duty, a Beretta 92 Compact off-duty, and a Wilson Combat Beretta 92G Brigadier as my secondary when teaching carbine/SMG/shotgun classes.

Wow this is interesting to me... a person with your experience chooses to carry Beretta 92 variant guns above all other options. That's significant. I love 92 version guns.

Why do you choose to carry Berettas over Sigs, HK Glock 1911 etc?

I have a few DA/ SA semis. my favorites by far are from this unknown furren no name brand!!

CZ 75 Pair.JPG
CZ 97-2.JPG
Shadow 2-02.JPG
off b

IMG_5396.JPG
IMG_5397.JPG
Wow this is interesting to me... a person with your experience chooses to carry Beretta 92 variant guns above all other options. That's significant. I love 92 version guns.

Why do you choose to carry Berettas over Sigs, HK Glock 1911 etc?

I have to carry a DA/SA on duty, and as long as I have to carry that I will only carry DA/SA's off-duty as well.

I've always liked Beretta's. I wanted something roughly the same size as my duty P229, DA/SA, 9mm, with a light rail. I bought the 92 Compact, and did all great modifications to make it match my Wilson 92G Brigadier.

Beretta's are accurate and reliable, and they have very nice triggers right out of the box. Of course, like most handguns, that can be improved upon.

I enjoy them. I have quite a few. Here are my 3 favorite .

Left : Beretta 92G
Right : HK USP
Top : Brugger and Thomet USW

I do wish I could access the hammer on the USW but you cannot . It's blocked by the optics bridge but the fantastic trigger makes up for that . It has the best factory DA/SA trigger.

I keep an HK p2000 in my car . It's a great DA/SA pistol as well. I like Stryker fired pistols too but I prefer DA/SA pistols. I like that you don't have to rack the slide if you get a round that doesn't fire.

For the money the beretta 92 is the best value in my opinion. It's reliable , accurate and very simple. I paid $400ish for the police trade in beretta 92G pictured. I hate the safety on the 92FS so I absolutely love the 92G

IMG_5413.JPG

Back
Top Bottom