Double header

kc30121

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
76   1
Reaction score
09C18337-14E9-4148-BDDC-A351ED6FAD17.jpeg
D5396C84-F7A9-46DB-BFD3-9FEA2FF354FF.jpeg
So I headed to the property this weekend to get the camper ready to bring home and I grabbed my shotgun at the last minute. Anyways I slept in this morning and I knew there was birds we put to roost by camp as we heard them off in the distance last night. I got up at 7:45 and the other guy at camp said “hey aren’t you gonna go get that bird”. Well I went back in and got dressed and headed over where I heard them go to roost. I went after those birds and other guy went up the road to where he have been getting a few toms on camera. Anyways, I got about half way there and hit my call. 2 birds answered right away. I could tell 1 was in the food plot and the other was off the other direction. I set up on the logging road and crawled up and set a hen decoy only. I called 2-3 more times and I could tell the 1 in the food plot about 100yrd down the road was hung up on a hen cause he wasn’t budging. The other one was coming hard and he shut up. I guess he didn’t want the other Tom knowing he was coming to take his hen. I called 1 more soft purr and he gobbled close but he was coming behind me from down the road. I spun around and waited. 5 mins later he stepped out on the road. He ate some 3 1/2” number 5. I walked over to grab him and heard the other guy shoot. Got back to camp with 2 nice toms. I’m done for the year now. We only take 2 per member on our property. What a fun morning.