• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dove field…

I’m sure y’all did. 😂 this is our first year planting a dove field so we will be happy with shooting some birds 😂
Big thing.. Doves are not sure footed they like clean clear places to land, make sure you till strips in between. We do that in the waste areas on the edges and middle where you see no millet on my fields

Big thing.. Doves are not sure footed they like clean clear places to land, make sure you till strips in between. We do that in the waste areas on the edges and middle where you see no millet on my fields

We just broadcast planted and plan on cutting rows for them to land in closer to season.

So you’re saying after we cut the rows we need to till them up? We are very new to this sir, any input you have would be greatly appreciated sir.
That is the difference between a good shoot and a barn burner… till bare dirt in center of your plot or along edges where you didnt plant. Doves like dirt and very little roots or vegetation to fly into ….

If you can burn some of your planted field it puts it onto next stratosphere….!

That is the difference between a good shoot and a barn burner… till bare dirt in center of your plot or along edges where you didnt plant. Doves like dirt and very little roots or vegetation to fly into ….

If you can burn some of your planted field it puts it onto next stratosphere….!
Thank you for the information sir, you have been a big help. We come up with the idea to plant last year but we thought about it too late in the year, so this year we put in the money and planted and we just all want to get the most for our money. 😂 we are still very green to planting dove fields. 😂

Thank you for the information sir, you have been a big help. We come up with the idea to plant last year but we thought about it too late in the year, so this year we put in the money and planted and we just all want to get the most for our money. 😂 we are still very green to planting dove fields. 😂
Its a blast we have 20 friends & family that shoot Labor day weekend! The girls have a mimosa and bloody mary bar starting Sat am after the morning shoot… They are allready in the sauce….

We have a great lunch and have a couple butts on The BGE for dinner that night…

Have you ever had Dove poppers?
That is the highlight app for Sat night dinner…

Its a blast we have 20 friends & family that shoot Labor day weekend! The girls have a mimosa and bloody mary bar starting Sat am after the morning shoot… They are allready in the sauce….

We have a great lunch and have a couple butts on The BGE for dinner that night…

Have you ever had Dove poppers?
That is the highlight app for Sat night dinner…
Damn sounds like y’all have a good time. 😂 yes I’ve had dove poppers and they are amazing.

Back
Top Bottom