• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dove Field

Adamjen15

Default rank <5000 posts
ODT Junkie!
51   0
Reaction score
Just wondering if this is millet growing around the sunflower?
C50DBAE0-CFEC-4C9F-94E5-8BE653DD4354.jpeg

Yeah There is definitely some millet.
The wider blade stuff looks like millet.
Also looks like some fescue. Maybe was pasture? The deer love sunflowers. We e fence, and they still eventually get in.

Yeah I was thinking the lighter green color stuff was millet. Yes it’s been a pasture for years but used to be a crop field back in the day. It’s got three strand barbwire but I know that doesn’t keep deer out. 😂

I believe the big leaf is sorghum. Brown top also is a large plant. Id say millet around. Looks pretty good actually.
Birds like some weeds. The plants do far better when spaced well. They love millet, and it makes lots of seed when done properly. Soil looks sandy. Good

I believe the big leaf is sorghum. Brown top also is a large plant. Id say millet around. Looks pretty good actually.
Birds like some weeds. The plants do far better when spaced well. They love millet, and it makes lots of seed when done properly. Soil looks sandy. Good
That’s what I was thinking as well. Thank you sir, this is our first time ever planting a dove field so it has been a learning process with a lot of questions. 😂

Back
Top Bottom