• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dove Removes 'Racist' Ad That Seemed to Suggest Black Women Were Dirty

Reminds me of that scene in Blazing Saddles where Clevon Little, impersonating a Klansman, goes to sign a paper and his enemies notice his black skin, so his buddy Gene Wilder (also in Klan garb) grabs his hand and says
"How many times have I told you to wash your hands after our weekly cross burnings?
<rubs hand vigorously for a few seconds with the edge of his white robe>
<flips Little's hand over to show the light skin on his palm>
"See, it's coming off!"

Blazing Saddles Klan.gif

Reminds me of that scene in Blazing Saddles where Clevon Little, impersonating a Klansman, goes to sign a paper and his enemies notice his black skin, so his buddy Gene Wilder (also in Klan garb) grabs his hand and says
"How many times have I told you to wash your hands after our weekly cross burnings?
<rubs hand vigorously for a few seconds with the edge of his white robe>
<flips Little's hand over to show the light skin on his palm>
"See, it's coming off!"

View attachment 1346639
Can you imagine Hollywood trying to remake Blazing Saddles today? Heads would explode like a mile long string of firecrackers.

Can you imagine Hollywood trying to remake Blazing Saddles today? Heads would explode like a mile long string of firecrackers.
They're actually bringing it back to the big screen in select theaters all over Georgia on November 5th & 8th.

IMG_1116.PNG

Here's a list of the theaters that are showing it:

IMG_1117.PNG

If a theater wanted to get real, they would show The Song of the South.
I'd go watch it on the big screen, and I haven't been to the picture house but once in the last 20 years.

Back
Top Bottom