• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

DPMS AR 15

When you step up to the more expensive brands like BCM, Colt, LMT, DD, etc., you're getting a gun that is built to higher specs with better components so it will last you a lot longer with less problems - or at least it should.

As the others mentioned, DPMS is a good entry level AR, and it will serve you well at lower round counts. If you plan on shooting more rounds, taking training classes, etc., then a higher level gun would be a good investment - especially at the lower prices they are going for nowadays.
Thanks

Hello everyone. I'm interested to know what y'all think about the DPMS AR 15, How do they compare to other AR style guns?

I'm just around the corner in Dallas. If you need any assistance with anything gun-related, don't hesitate to give me a holler. If it's your first AR, come on by the shop. I'll take it all the way down, give you some tips on maintenance/improvements, and show you what to look out for/pay attention to.

I'm just around the corner in Dallas. If you need any assistance with anything gun-related, don't hesitate to give me a holler. If it's your first AR, come on by the shop. I'll take it all the way down, give you some tips on maintenance/improvements, and show you what to look out for/pay attention to.
Where is your shop?

Great gun to learn the platform. Spend the other 500-1000 that some would spend on a "top tier" weapon in ammo and quality training. Once you know the weapon, you can make more informed decision on what to buy next. When you take cmshoot cmshoot up on his offer, ask him about his classes ... they will cost slightly more than your gun, but are worth 10x as much.

Hello everyone. I'm interested to know what y'all think about the DPMS AR 15, How do they compare to other AR style guns?
I bought two as part of a large 1st CAV Division buy and got a great deal on them. I figured I'd sell one and make some money due to the Obama scare. I ended up getting sequential serial numbers, so didn't sell, but my son is buying one. I have had them since 2010 and have fired numerous rounds through it. With practice, they are nail drivers. My son just took two does with it over iron sights, so they are good for hunting too. I'll be honest, I have not checked out other makers, since I have been so happy with my DPMS. I was helping a friend look at some, and heard some horror stories on Bushmaster, but that's about the jist of my research in other makers.

Make sure you don't get the bargain basement DPMS without forward assist and dust cover. Invest a little more and get something on par with the military versions, no matter what brand you get. Good luck. Let us know what else you find out.

I saw the posts about it being a good starter. I've fired thousands of rounds and the only problem I had was with Wolf ammo. It jammed like a mother. No problems with good ammo, though.

Back
Top Bottom