• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Drain the differential and pull the plug to find these 2 pieces sitting in the plug?

IMG_20190121_175801.jpg
<-- That's my 2 cents.

Ford nine is easiest diff to work on for sure

You can pull the axles shafts out and remove the center chunk and repair the roll pins
Just don’t mess with anything else

I believe I still have a Ford 9" center section "chunk" you can have if you'd like.
Probably a high 2-something gear ratio.

exactly why I got rid of all my old classics.
Spent more time messing with them than driving them.
But they sure are pretty to look at in the garage. LOL

Meh
You just gotta spend the $$ and fix it right the first time

I’ve found older cars that are well maintained are just as reliable , maybe even more reliable than late models cars , because the late models are so complicated , there’s a lot more to go wrong .

Meh
You just gotta spend the $$ and fix it right the first time

I’ve found older cars that are well maintained are just as reliable , maybe even more reliable than late models cars , because the late models are so complicated , there’s a lot more to go wrong .

Yes and no.
While I can see your point on fixing it right the 1st time, many times, things are not needed so you don't replace them. Then it goes bad and you're stuck. --- Then if you replace everything, it is like a new car....but not many replace everything.

These older cars are not all driven daily. Very few are....I doubt if they were driven daily, they would be nearly as reliable as new models. (And i'm not referring to BMW, Mini, Fiat, Chrysler, etc).

Late models? I've had a honda I bought brand new six years ago. Literally only needed a battery and tires. NOTHING else. Not many older cars driven daily can do that man.

Yes and no.
While I can see your point on fixing it right the 1st time, many times, things are not needed so you don't replace them. Then it goes bad and you're stuck. --- Then if you replace everything, it is like a new car....but not many replace everything.

These older cars are not all driven daily. Very few are....I doubt if they were driven daily, they would be nearly as reliable as new models. (And i'm not referring to BMW, Mini, Fiat, Chrysler, etc).

Late models? I've had a honda I bought brand new six years ago. Literally only needed a battery and tires. NOTHING else. Not many older cars driven daily can do that man.

Yep, Hondas/Toyota/Nissan/etc., all the better made Jap cars stand up pretty well as long as the maint is done. We have a CRV with 350k on her....one of the most trouble free and cheapest cars to own i have ever had!
I have always been an “American made V-8” Guy..... i have a Chevy pick up with 250k+ miles on it....has been pretty well trouble free also. (Knock on wood!)
They are great daily drivers....like you said, the older ones never got that kind of miles and daily drivers. Back in early -mid 70’s, you could barely get 100-150k on them before they started falling apart.

Back
Top Bottom