• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dressed in Nickel

This has been my experience with nickel 38 & 357 cases...the nickel ones are brittle and don't last long. When I buy a mixed batch of cases, I usually end up selling the nickel ones to the cowboy action shooters...they seem to love them.

Same experience too. Nickel is good for leather belt loops and doesn't tarnish or green up on the leather.

Very nice! Which model Thumlers Tumbler do you have? Do you also use their brass polish? Does Thumlers only sell direct?

Thanks,
WEllison

I use a Thumlers model B high speed for wet stainless steel tumbling. No brass polish is used. I tumble in auto wash and wax. Thumlers tumblers can be purchased directly from many vendors. Just google it and tons of vendors pop up.

Bayou

I am going to end up picking up some nickle plated stuff for my self defense loads.. but I shoot way to much to use them regularly :lol:

boy do they look nice though :)

That's what I do , I load most of my self defense ammo in Nickle as it sits longer without use.
The other thing that I try to load almost exclusively is my 38 Super rounds as it makes the brass so much easier to find mixed among the other 9 MM spend brass and easier to see in the grass
Citadel 01.JPG

That's what I do , I load most of my self defense ammo in Nickle as it sits longer without use.
The other thing that I try to load almost exclusively is my 38 Super rounds as it makes the brass so much easier to find mixed among the other 9 MM spend brass and easier to see in the grass
.View attachment 565982

For myself, I find that people who sell cases put a premium price on brass cases and often sell nickel cases a little bit cheaper. I've bought thousands of nickel cases in 45 ACP for $50 per thousand shipped to my door. I think I've got about a lifetime supply for my own use.....

When at the range, more than one ange officer has remarkied how good that ammo looks. Nice compliments, indeed.....

Bayou

Back
Top Bottom