• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

drew my sidearm, lesson learned

I'm sure you're right about their responses because the average cop is going to tell you what conventional wisdom is. However, it is the prosecutor that has the responsibility of interpreting the actual law. That's why I talk to them about this kind of thing.

Then find me one that advocates firing warning shots.... just ONE.

Also something else to consider. If you are employed professionally (taking money for offering classes in firearms use) as a firearms trainer & you advise students to fire warning shots as a less lethal deterrent you do know that you could be held liable in civil court if one of them does so at your recommendation & accidentally injures someone?
Technically you are advising them to break the law if inside the city limits & even possibly in the county.

As a friendly, non-inflammatory gesture please consider that implication.:)

Last edited:
After a couple more beers I have decided that, I would have charged him like a bull without giving him notice, gave him the stone cold stunner , jumped on top of the SUV , poured a couple of Natty Ice's in my mouth,and then leg drop the girl from the top of the SUV.

I believe you should start with a clothesline. Then move up to the stunner if that doesn't do the trick.

There is a progressive level of violence here.

I am on the same page about the leg drop. She was definitely begging for it.

So I went to work today, busted open the old file cabinet and shredded all the "critical incident report" forms. It's warning shots only in this bitch from here on out! Slackers better watch their backs!!

I've had my hand on the grip twice, didn't pull. But the second my hand touched my weapon, I was prepared mentally to kill as many as I had to. As I said before, I'm proud of the OP. You don't know what you'll feel or do when things go critical. I think we are a better world with him and those like him.

I've had my hand on the grip twice, didn't pull. But the second my hand touched my weapon, I was prepared mentally to kill as many as I had to. As I said before, I'm proud of the OP. You don't know what you'll feel or do when things go critical. I think we are a better world with him and those like him.

ditto that!

A whole lot of Monday morning quarterbacking going on. Few people have actually been there...

I've been there. The perp was visibly armed and threatening to shoot a man, who I knew was innocent..
If the perp had of raised his weapon, then I would have shot him in the face twice before he hit the ground, but that's just the way I roll.

There is no better plan than the element of surprise.
Warning shots just tells the perp that you are armed and too scared to shoot him.
Warning shots also get you talking with the PoPo, weapon confiscated, fined, and inconvenienced.

Don't talk about what you are gonna do, just do it.
If you have the legal right to kill a man, just kill him, don't go bumping your gums about it.

In the case of the OP, it would be a no win. The ho would turn on him like a rabid dog.

Regardless of the warning shot debate, do not get involved in domestic disputes unless you are willing to kill them both. That will stop the arguing and the abuse.

Back
Top Bottom