• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Drilled a little into barrel, scrap or okay to use?

shoot it shoot it shoot it. You gonna do what you want anyway. Why axe here at all?
Why axe here at all? Because my rifle is currently disassembled and wanted insight from those more experienced than I, before I reassemble and shoot it potentially damaging the rifle, myself, or those around me (although this is not very likely with the issue I have). This is a forum after all... I thought its purpose was for discussion 🤷‍♂️

But I digress.. Youre right. Shooting it and seeing what happens sounds pretty tempting too lol

Why axe here at all? Because my rifle is currently disassembled and wanted insight from those more experienced than I, before I reassemble and shoot it potentially damaging the rifle, myself, or those around me (although this is not very likely with the issue I have). This is a forum after all... I thought its purpose was for discussion 🤷‍♂️

But I digress.. Youre right. Shooting it and seeing what happens sounds pretty tempting too lol
No guts, no glory.

I can't really gage how deep it really is. If you are really uncomfortable with it you could use something like JB weld or similar product as they may have improved on that. I haven't used any in years but plugged a few motorcycle cases in my youth and they held for years and were together when I sold them. Don't ask how the hole got there ( it involves high speed and a really high man whole in the weeds ). Pack it in good and tight just to reinforce it. Let it cure for recommended time and file off excess carefully and re-drill the dimple. It might help keep it from stress cracking from extreme heat but I doubt that would ever happen. Clean that hole out real good and take a dreamed and rough up the inside surface of the whole only with tiny grinding bit. Don't take of a bunch of material but just let the bit bounce off the walls and rough them up for a good bonding surface. If you don't have the tool or patience to do it then let it ride and shoot it out or atleast until you upgrade. Use at least at BA Hanson profile barrel or better or don't waste the money.

JB weld. WTF!
tumblr_pb9uzq8xyi1vd602xo1_400.gif

Back
Top Bottom