• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Drink Recipes and brown liquor!

You might like a sazerac...cousin to a manhattan but all New Orleans. They require a little more labor but try to find a bar where the bartender knows what he's doing. Preferably in New Orleans! Discovered these on my last trip down there. You can thank me later!

You might like a sazerac...cousin to a manhattan but all New Orleans. They require a little more labor but try to find a bar where the bartender knows what he's doing. Preferably in New Orleans! Discovered these on my last trip down there. You can thank me later!
Will try one for sure...I enjoy making drinks at home so I will add that to my list!

What’s your preferred base spirit? Do you like them boozy or with umbrellas? Got a good shaker, spoon, and muddler?

What’s your preferred base spirit? Do you like them boozy or with umbrellas? Got a good shaker, spoon, and muddler?
I prefer boozy, I have all of the basic mixing tools as well as a fairly complete bar glass setup. As far as base spirit goes, for mixed drinks I usually go for bourbon/whiskey... I like a lot of different ones but I always keep JD, Weller, EH Taylor, Buffalo Trace, etc. on hand. If I am drinking scotch, I always go for a single malt islay, the peatier the better...I always have a bottle of Laphroaig 12 year and a few various other brands like Port Charlotte, Lagavulin or The Macallan..

1.5 oz captain Morgan spiced rum, 1.5 oz Bacardi coconut rum, 1 oz blackberry brandy, 4 oz pinapple juice, 4 oz cranberry juice, mix and pour over ice. We mix these when we play rummy ! About two is everyone’s limit !

Back
Top Bottom