• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Driver's license and GWCL

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's been a member a little over 2 weeks and has 1+ FB already

You've been a member almost 7 years and have 20+ FB lol

You might want to sit this one out. lol

penguin-slap.gif

There are principles in law, such as, reasonable, and know or SHOULD HAVE KNOWN.

When you pointedly do not even attempt to find out if it’s legal transaction, it’s not considered reasonable and possibly could result in civil or criminal prosecution.

This is real life we are talking, not what anyone or I wish it to be.
Of the constitution was adhered to this would be a non issue, just as it would if people took responsibility for their actions and paid attention to who they trade with, instead of satisfying their greed.

There are principles in law, such as, reasonable, and know or SHOULD HAVE KNOWN.

When you pointedly do not even attempt to find out if it’s legal transaction, it’s not considered reasonable and possibly could result in civil or criminal prosecution.

This is real life we are talking, not what anyone or I wish it to be.
Of the constitution was adhered to this would be a non issue, just as it would if people took responsibility for their actions and paid attention to who they trade with, instead of satisfying their greed.

This is the mind set that will have all firearms transactions going through an FFL in the future. SMH

There is no law that compels us as individuals to ID anyone we are selling a firearm to... if that were the case we'd all be doing it and guess what we're not
No, but you are to make a “reasonable effort”

Least case you should ask and observe stuff like body language, license plates and stuff that makes you go Hummn.

No law in my town that says I can’t cross the street anywhere I want in my town, but I sure wouldn’t do so with out protecting myself by looking both ways before I crossed.
It’s about protecting yourself, I know for a fact that there are LE trying to make buys online.
Don’t be willingly ignorant.

Least case you should ask and observe stuff like body language, license plates and stuff that makes you go Hummn.

No law in my town that says I can’t cross the street anywhere I want in my town, but I sure wouldn’t do so with out protecting myself by looking both ways before I crossed.
It’s about protecting yourself, I know for a fact that there are LE trying to make buys online.

That's ignorant.

Maybe you should petition to have the law read "reasonable effort" instead of "knowingly".
I'm sure the Liberal Left would support you.

So you're saying Lavonia doesn't have designated crosswalks?
There's no such thing as "Jay Walking" in Lavonia.
And people say I live in the sticks. lol

I wish there was an ODT app that could automatically combine every one of these threads together...
Someone waving a GWCL in front of you only proves that they were not a felon when it was issued- how can you be sure they haven't committed a felony since then but never turned in the card?
Better run a background check on everyone, for every purchase, even ammo and livestock. Due diligence.
It is for the children, after all.

I wish there was an ODT app that could automatically combine every one of these threads together...
Someone waving a GWCL in front of you only proves that they were not a felon when it was issued- how can you be sure they haven't committed a felony since then but never turned in the card?
Better run a background check on everyone, for every purchase, even ammo and livestock. Due diligence.
It is for the children, after all.

Ken Ford would support all firearms transaction going through an FFL, but it would be considered "reasonable effort" LMAO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom