• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Drop Shot?

I’ve got a buddy that had some success this summer. I think he said he was using blue back herring. Not sure about that though. He did say live bait got them going when nothing else would. Good luck Bear44 Bear44 It can be frustrating this time of year.
It's the Blue Backs that I'm giving up on. LOL!

I’ve got a buddy that had some success this summer. I think he said he was using blue back herring. Not sure about that though. He did say live bait got them going when nothing else would. Good luck Bear44 Bear44 It can be frustrating this time of year.
Your right about it being frustrating in the summer. Lol back when I had a life before life got ahold of me and I was fishing 2 tournaments per week year around I’d go every single day after work and find fish and know they’re where they are and find a pattern for that week and the next day I’ve had them gone or just eating completely differently.

I love carters lake, it’s my favorite lake but it’s notorious for changing patterns. They change daily, sometimes hourly.

I would try marking them and vertical jigging with silver spoons.we use to do that a lot in middle summer, and heart of winter at Sinclair and oconee.they would be off main lake points.

Bear44 Bear44 do you ever use swimbaits? I love swimbaits on Lanier, keitechs. I throw them winter summer spring and fall there... love those things. And if you need any tips on counting down swimbaits, YouTube Scott martin on them. He’s the master although I’m not his biggest fan, he’s a great fisherman.

The only other thing I could suggest is to hire a guide there for 1/2 day and pick his brain. If you haven’t already. That’s what I’m doing in October on Clark’s Hill with a crappie guide. I’m trying to learn lol.
I've gone on quite a fed guided trips through the years for a variety of fish. I've only been even slightly impressed by two of them. That includes three trips for striper on Lanier. Of the three trips, I've caught one fish.

I get convinced the gods of fishing hate me and then I will catch something extraordinary and it keeps me going. Fortunately, I really love the process of fishing. Actually catching something is a bonus. LOL!

Back
Top Bottom