• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

DRT Ammo?

olchevy

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
138   0
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with 'Dynamic Research Technologies' ammo?

Looking at using it as ammo for a carry pistol/ Home defense...
All the reviews I have seen were very good, just didn't know if any of you guys had used it. If it makes any difference I would be using it in 9mm and .40S&W...

http://www.drtammo.com/technology.html

[Broken External Image]:

I see this stuff in the CTD catologe every month. My understanding is that it doesn't meet the FBIs criteria for minimum penetration.

The fact that there isn't much info leans towards gimmick ammo. I mean just look at the box.

Ugh, Extreme shock, DRT if it takes advertising like that to sell the ammo...no thanks. Any super hyped bullet technology that has no real world return is a dead end imo. We are talking about a piece of lead with a jacket. A good Hornady XTP, Winchester HP, Remington Golden Saber etc work very well. I am absolutley all for innovation, and am not in the "if it isn't broke don't fix it" crowd, but I can't see any real world benefit with this ammo. Poor marketing as well, how does this type of marketing approach make you feel as a consumer...like a testonerone oozing idiot...yeah they lost my business on that alone.

There marketing says nothing quantifiable: "highly accurate?" yeah so is a slingshot relative to a revolver in the hands of a blind man. No quantifiable evidence supplied.

Government agencies use it? WHich ones? Why did they use it?> was it supplied free of charge to a dog catcher ie. "Government agency" ---Again, no specifics listed, just marketing jargon, and women. DRT=CRAP

Last edited:
I agree, their marketing startegy is very poor.....just not good....Thats the main reason I asked here if anyone had used it, cause I don't feel like paying close to 40 bucks for hype....

Back
Top Bottom