• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Drug bust = Guns seized

Are you OK with the confiscation of these guns?

• Total voters
Drug dealers and other criminals have assets seized all the time used in the commission of a felony…cars, houses, computers, etc., . This isn’t new and not sure what the big deal is.
Google "DEA cash seizures at: Airports, Amtrak terminals, businesses, etc." THAT isn't a new occurrence, either. Many times they do it just because they can and it's up to you and an army of lawyers to get it back.....most times costs more than the cash seized - which, based on the amount alone was not illegal to begin with....

The article states the guns are NOT stolen. Why are guns evidence if the charge is dealing drugs? Why didn't they take the toaster?

Take a deep breathe and answer these two question and THINK about them,
1) Should a person charged with dealing drugs, suffer more loss because they owned guns than a person charged with the exact same crime who did not own guns?
2) Are you in favor of 'hate crimes' laws?

Throw the SOBs in jail, file solid charges and let them have their day in court. Leave their private property alone. Stunned this is such a foreign concept but given the programming about evil guns it's sadly expected.
you half to be Trolling
it does not matter if the guns are stolen or not, possessing a firearm in the commission of a felony is a crime period. that's why they were taken as evidence to support the charge. I don't know how to explain it any clearer

you half to be Trolling
it does not matter if the guns are stolen or not, possessing a firearm in the commission of a felony is a crime period. that's why they were taken as evidence to support the charge. I don't know how to explain it any clearer
For crying out loud. For the umpteenth time, I'm not arguing the 'legality' of it. I'm arguing the LOGIC! Which doesn't exist and apparently left this conversation long ago.
"Because that's the law" is not an acceptable answer. Well obviously it is for too many. :doh:
I'm not worried about cops "just obeying orders" any longer. I'm more worried about gun owners. "Well, it's apparently the law."

Reminds of the scene from the Christmas Story movie when they leave the kid alone frozen to the poll. Their excuse? "The bell rang!"

"It happens all the time. What's the big deal?"

nevermind_nathan_fillion.gif

yeah. It does and it should. Drug dealers should get their crap seized when used in the commission of their drug enterprise. I’m still not seeing the problem. Drug runners get their boats seizes. Drug dealers on the street get their cars seized. Drug houses get seized and sold or demolished. Drug dealers using guns to enforce or protect their operation get their gun seized.

It’s all good to me.

yeah. It does and it should. Drug dealers should get their crap seized when used in the commission of their drug enterprise. I’m still not seeing the problem. Drug runners get their boats seizes. Drug dealers on the street get their cars seized. Drug houses get seized and sold or demolished. Drug dealers using guns to enforce or protect their operation get their gun seized.

It’s all good to me.
You are caught in regulated waters using your boat to run drugs. Confiscate boat. You can't do that anymore, makes sense.
You are using your car to deal drugs out of on the street. Confiscate car. You can't do that anymore, makes sense.
You are using your house to deal drugs out of as a place of business. Confiscate house. You can't do that anymore, makes (some) sense.
Guns happen to be in your house along with countless other legally obtained items and you confiscate guns. mAKes SenSE to SOmE.

The article states the guns are NOT stolen. Why are guns evidence if the charge is dealing drugs? Why didn't they take the toaster?

Take a deep breathe and answer these two question and THINK about them,
1) Should a person charged with dealing drugs, suffer more loss because they owned guns than a person charged with the exact same crime who did not own guns?
2) Are you in favor of 'hate crimes' laws?

Throw the SOBs in jail, file solid charges and let them have their day in court. Leave their private property alone. Stunned this is such a foreign concept but given the programming about evil guns it's sadly expected.

They cease to be just "private property" once a felony is alleged.
The guns become contraband when COMBINED with drugs, plain and simple. They have to be secured pending trial once this happens

They are not treated like other items, deal with it. Had they obeyed the law, the guns would not have been touched, nor would a search warrant been authorized.

Back
Top Bottom