• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Drug bust = Guns seized

Are you OK with the confiscation of these guns?

• Total voters
On logic vs legality. Man murders loved one with knife. Time of arrest man carrying handgun. Logically handgun should not be seized since it was not used in the murder.

i get where you are going that it's a slippery slope with any GOV making laws which we must follow. But you must agree that there have to be some laws and in my mind letting people who use and sell narcotics sounds like a bad idea
Of course there needs to be law (and order). What I'm trying to discuss (and failing miserably at apparently) is that there is no justification, to me, to confiscate guns just because the guns happen to exist.
Now if the guns are actively used in a crime (murder, robbery, assault, whatever) then of course, snag 'em and lock the perps up. But that's not what happened and not what I'm trying to discuss. The OP's story is some apparent drug dealers were arrested and they had some firearms. The numbers were run and they weren't stolen. But there they were, so they were taken. It makes no LOGICAL sense to me (again, I get 'the law'.)

Should people who deal and or use alcohol have guns? Why or why not? What's the difference between alcohol and narcotics in your opinion (besides the obvious legality)
well that is the difference and if you are intoxicated No you shouldn't handle firearms but sure you can own them. not a good question for comparison

If I'm not mistaken, the constitution also allows me the pursuit of happiness. Weed = happiness. :becky:
No it doesn't. You have no Constitutional right to "happiness" or it's pursuit.
The phrase you are referencing is in the Declaration of Independence. So when you go to court and use that as your defense, GLWS. :boink:

well that is the difference and if you are intoxicated No you shouldn't handle firearms but sure you can own them. not a good question for comparison
I was just wondering if there was any difference in your opinion besides the legality of it.

To me it doesn't make sense to believe a marijuana user shouldn't have firearms but a drinker could. That's all.

Back
Top Bottom