• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Drugs and Thugs are ruining my county

Cadcom

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
504   0
Reaction score
Something has changed over the last 4 or 5 years in Cherokee Co. We always had our own local breed of redneck idiots who mainly kept to several large trailer parks in South Cherokee Co. and sold their dope and raised hell. Now we have a run of special fools who seem to come here to rob and steal and deal drugs (and occasionally kill). Judging from the mug shots the majority are white trash and black dudes. There is a large population of hispanics in the area but the only time I see them is when they are going to work or walking around with their wife and kids. It is evident the "war" on drugs is a failure but how does this crap get stopped? Stiffer sentencing or legalizing drugs? Something needs to change.

Just a few recent example:

http://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/...home-rob-him-gunpoint/yUlcHZFg8vTsp3jXzKAlEP/

http://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/...oting-others-arrested/wNWwXlYTnuMGR0yqOCHjUK/

Cherokee county is certainly not what it once was. Prosperity seems to draw a crowd of those who want the benefits but not the rules. Several years ago it occurred to me that in a few years Cherokee would start to look like the blighted areas of Cobb and Fulton and that is coming to pass. My grandchildren attend school in one of the higher priced areas of Cherokee and go to school with wanna be rappers and thugs. One thing CC has going for it is 20+ years of some of the best law enforcement leadership I have ever seen. Professional standards, excellent training and personnel selection. Roger and now Frank have done an excellent job.
Keeping apartment complexes from being approved would help keep the county better.

I have an opinion based on facts I've filed away in the mental bank from a LE career (now retired). It can be cleaned up (but not overnight) by good proactive policing followed up by intel gathering and investigation. But, the likelihood of this happening is next to nothing. The reasons are, 1) LE administrators deploy assets and focus on priorities set by politically affluent, 2) with the police being under the microscope of public opinion and criticism, many officers are going to respond to calls but put little effort toward proactive or self initiated activity rather than risk of ending up being bashed on the media. People want a short leash on cops but they don't want criminals in their neighborhoods. You can't have it both ways.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

It's changing fast. When ever they start "transitioning" an area they move to where it's cheaper.

I think our school system and LEO are excellent. The comment about the apartments is spot on. Exit 14 off of 575 has several and the area feels like bankhead hwy sometimes.

Cherokee county is supposed to build something like 12,000 homes in it in the next year. I wish they would sop building all together or do what Milton did is say minimum 1 acre lots

Something has changed over the last 4 or 5 years in Cherokee Co. We always had our own local breed of redneck idiots who mainly kept to several large trailer parks in South Cherokee Co. and sold their dope and raised hell. Now we have a run of special fools who seem to come here to rob and steal and deal drugs (and occasionally kill). Judging from the mug shots the majority are white trash and black dudes. There is a large population of hispanics in the area but the only time I see them is when they are going to work or walking around with their wife and kids. It is evident the "war" on drugs is a failure but how does this crap get stopped? Stiffer sentencing or legalizing drugs? Something needs to change.

Just a few recent example:

http://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/...home-rob-him-gunpoint/yUlcHZFg8vTsp3jXzKAlEP/

http://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/...oting-others-arrested/wNWwXlYTnuMGR0yqOCHjUK/

Why you looking at me? I told ya I was done thuggin

Back
Top Bottom