• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

DRW vs SRW

I would be on the fence at that weight. If you absolutely plan to stick with bumper pull, 10,000 lbs max, little weight in the bed, I'd probably lean to srw due to tire cost and easier maneuverability, but sometimes I'm just way too practical.

They are very proud of them and I didn’t find the ergonomics in the cabin very appealing.
Yes all 3 are proud of there automobiles just figured I would mention it. Some folks don’t know they build a single wheeled 3500 hey and ford an ram makes one too....

I'll bet you already know the answer you want to hear, so go buy that one; life's too short.

Have no idea. Half drive one and half drive the other. I’ve only owned one Diesel 3/4 Tom and it’s only been a year. Never driven a dually before a test drive last year. I truly have no real baseline of comparison.

I would be on the fence at that weight. If you absolutely plan to stick with bumper pull, 10,000 lbs max, little weight in the bed, I'd probably lean to srw due to tire cost and easier maneuverability, but sometimes I'm just way too practical.

This is my thoughts. The dually is rated at 26,000# I believe and I have no intention of going that high and don’t plan to purchase a gooseneck.

Yes all 3 are proud of there automobiles just figured I would mention it. Some folks don’t know they build a single wheeled 3500 hey and ford an ram makes one too....

The reason I didn’t include the SRW 350 is because the only benefit is an added leaf spring which stiffens up the ride when empty. I run air bags on the 250 so that I can drop to 5 lbs when empty and have a decent ride then bump up to 55 when loaded and I’ve essentially got a 350 at that point.

This is my thoughts. The dually is rated at 26,000# I believe and I have no intention of going that high and don’t plan to purchase a gooseneck.

Gooseneck pull so much easier than a bumper pull. The DRW handles a load better, but isn't as easy to maneuver in tight spots as a SRW truck.

If all I did with a truck was pull a heavy trailer, I would have a DRW. As it is, heavy loading represents less than 5% of my use on my 3/4 ton, so the SRW does just fine.

Oh, and just try a 20' gooseneck and see how much you like it.

Back
Top Bottom