• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

DRW vs SRW

Eventually I will be adding the DOT/MC #'s anyways once I work my way up to those loads.

You need DOT numbers and compliance if you put any trailer behind a Superduty and you are doing commerce. It's 10,001 lbs GCVR Federal and Georgia, the truck alone should be 10,000.

The issue with a gooseneck is I don't do primarily commercial deliveries. Most of my stops are residential which last week I had a stop in downtown Pittsburg and some of the streets I was on would have been physically impossible to maneuver with a gooseneck. If I ever work my way to a more primarily commercial customer base a gooseneck is a sure thing.

You can put a gooseneck where you can’t put a bumper pull trailer.

Is the extra weight capacity going to trigger any DOT issues ?

Consult a professional regarding the new laws
You could need a DOT number on the side , which means logbooks , going into every weigh station , quarterly fuel tax filing , etc

Drove thru the GA/FL border on 75 the other night and the weigh station was stopping every 6 wheel truck that didn’t go into the station

SRW has a higher towing capacity than a DRW for non CDL drivers because the truck weighs less. Both will easily pull more than the legal limit.

Back
Top Bottom