• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

drying rack for wet tumbling

the sheet was origionally .250 1/4" holes i was gonna use it for .223 ackley cases but they were BARELY too snug when fired. so i actually drilled them to .290 b/c a fired 6 creedmoore is .275 ish and it will fit them both now.

5/16 hole diameter would cover your bases up to and including 6.5 stuff creedmoores,260's and x 47's

For drying after wet tumbling, I use the "spin dry"" method - no heaters, fasns, dryers, etc, ever needed. Just a rotary media separator. After removing the water asnd pins, I leave the brasses in the squirrel cage and throw in a dry rag or towel. Agitattre back and forth for 30 seconds, repeat a second time with another dry rag.

This removes 99.9% of all moisture. What very little is left simplies dries in about 5 minutes on its own.

Bayou

What's wrong with good old fashion backing oven . After wet tumble I put the brass on a screen then it goes to oven 175 degree for 45 minutes . That's it.

My clothes dryer came with one of those racks that you can dry shoes or hats on. I spread a hand towel on that rack, put the brass on that rack, and turn on the dryer for 30-35 minutes. I also put the SS pins on it too, to dry them.

Back
Top Bottom