• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Duck hunters

There was 9 of us that day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
8278daf963e7a3b0b082d1cfdfb5fee5.jpg
I bet that was a great time. Nothing like geese out of a layout blind. Nice job Sir.

I bet that was a great time. Nothing like geese out of a layout blind. Nice job Sir.

It’s pretty cool to watch them turn sideways in the air to dump their wings and loose altitude. They drop 10-20 feet at a time. We will let some land every now and then and I’ve had geese pick on the grass stuffed into my layout blind. Don’t understand how a bird can see a face from 100’s of yards and not land but be so dumb as to pick a fight with a plastic decoy while a black and white sock is waving beside it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bear in mind that murphranch is hunting flyway geese. Actual migrators. They’re edible. Please don’t eat resident GA geese. Your stomach will thank me.
my goose recipe
crock pot
1-whole goose
3-cups chicken broth
2- teaspoons of salt
2-teaspoons pepper
5- cups wood chips
cook until goose is tender and throw it in the trash and enjoy the wood chips.
as you can tell I have never eaten one,worth wasting time cooking ,and have tried several different times

my goose recipe
crock pot
1-whole goose
3-cups chicken broth
2- teaspoons of salt
2-teaspoons pepper
5- cups wood chips
cook until goose is tender and throw it in the trash and enjoy the wood chips.
as you can tell I have never eaten one,worth wasting time cooking ,and have tried several different times
I’ve eaten a ton of specks but never a Canada since I live in GA. I have heard that flyway Canadas can be breasted and covered in apple juice in a crock pot until fall apart. Then shredded, BBQ sauce on a bun. Like murphranch murphranch said, not really tasting any meat at that point but a way to use em I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom