• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Duck weed and pond up keep.

You might need to be more specific. They grow it in parts of the world for animal feed. Most places it is considered a nuisance. I think tilapia will eat it but not sure.
I don’t think duck weed will save the world or anything.
If I was running 2canSam obnoxious duckweed farm, I'd go broke. I'm thinking about catfish or some kind of eating fish.

No fish will help with duck weed or milkweed. I did lake and pond management for years and it by far is one of the hardest to kill. Options are generally you can do two different chemical routes one where you spray a couple times a week as it gets smaller and smaller until you kill it all. The other uses more powerful chemicals but its going to kill every plant and so can be dangerous for the fish.

You can also stretch a tarp over it for about two weeks if it's small enough. Biggest thing is you have to kill it ALL. even if you leave just a small patch it will regrow and take back over

No fish will help with duck weed or milkweed. I did lake and pond management for years and it by far is one of the hardest to kill. Options are generally you can do two different chemical routes one where you spray a couple times a week as it gets smaller and smaller until you kill it all. The other uses more powerful chemicals but its going to kill every plant and so can be dangerous for the fish.

You can also stretch a tarp over it for about two weeks if it's small enough. Biggest thing is you have to kill it ALL. even if you leave just a small patch it will regrow and take back over
Spray sounds good. The whole pond is covered and I don't want to mess up the ecosystem and have dead fish.

Spray sounds good. The whole pond is covered and I don't want to mess up the ecosystem and have dead fish.
Would do the lake in thirds then and check your o2 levels once you start to see things brown. I had good luck with Reward back in the day mixed with some surfactant

00C08A3A-37EC-4311-9B33-1DD94E9FBC0B.jpeg
F14D03E6-B048-41E0-A768-C7FFA5F130BC.jpeg
Duckweed reduces oxygen levels making it hard for fish to make it. I am having an oxygen problem in one of my ponds right now but it is not duckweed related.

Buy some ducks at the market. Had the same problem with the green stuff, you could not fish. I have Pekin's and Muscovy's. They eat the green stuff, have good eggs and low maintenance. If you have the room they're no problem. If you can, fix them a roost over the water. Trim the muscovy's wings, they can and will fly. the Pekin do not fly.

Buy some ducks at the market. Had the same problem with the green stuff, you could not fish. I have Pekin's and Muscovy's. They eat the green stuff, have good eggs and low maintenance. If you have the room they're no problem. If you can, fix them a roost over the water. Trim the muscovy's wings, they can and will fly. the Pekin do not fly.
I'm not allowed to have birds due to my chicken house contract.

Back
Top Bottom