• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dumb AR question 5.56 to 300BO

Rickye

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
17   0
Reaction score
Im sure there is a bunch of you that know waaay more than I ever will about AR's. I have a few, love to shoot them, but am still a novice. I was thinking about getting a 10.5 upper for my 5.56 AR pistol in 300BO. Is it that easy? Just having fun, may just get another pistol, but if the upper just goes on and boom, so to speak, why not do that?
I'm sure I'm missing something obvious. Thank you for your input.

If you already have a dedicated pistol lower than yes it is that easy.
Buy a 300blk upper and slap it on that lower and you are G2G.

If you already have a dedicated pistol lower than yes it is that easy.
Buy a 300blk upper and slap it on that lower and you are G2G.

Yes, dedicated lower. Thank you. What magazine would I use? Looked around and didn't see 300BO specific magazine. Fell like an idiot, been shooting all my life but new to AR's. Appreciate your input.

Yes, dedicated lower. Thank you. What magazine would I use? Looked around and didn't see 300BO specific magazine. Fell like an idiot, been shooting all my life but new to AR's. Appreciate your input.

300 blk uses a 5.56 case that is cut to accept a .30 cal bullet. It will use the same magazines as a 5.56/223 ar

Yep. Everything is the same except the barrel. So you don't need a different bcg or magazines, just be sure not to mix up your ammo. Obviously swapping out uppers is easier than swapping barrels but if you wanted to you could just swap barrels and be good to go.

Back
Top Bottom