• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dumb AR question 5.56 to 300BO

I mark my blackout mags with a band of duct tape near the bottom. And I have purchased blackout dust covers.

A feller can blow up a 556 barrel and upper receiver by forward assisting a hollow point blackout into battery in a 556 barrel. I don't know about fmj.

So if you ever find yourself forward assisting a blackout round I suggest you stop and make shore you are loading a blackout barrel.

I am also considering buying a 10.5 upper to run with my suppressor. For all of the experts, couldn't I buy the upper, put it on one of my AR lowers, and change out the stock to the KAK Shockwave. Just looking for a fun to shoot sub gun without a huge investment. Legal?

I'm no expert but it's my understanding that if a lower receiver is built as a rifle first, it cannot ever be converted into a pistol later.

And that possession of an unmatched pistol upper in close proximity to a rifle lower (or a rifle buttstock) can create constructive possession of an illegal SBR.

For these reasons I have made it a point to own one functioning pistol lower (built on a store-bought lower receiver) for each barrel I own that is shorter than 16."

Again, I'm no expert, I hope an expert weighs in soon.

Back
Top Bottom