• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dumb AR Question

300_whisper

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
90   0
Reaction score
What the heck is this? Midwest industries 15 inch slim rail. Sides from the 2-5 o’clock and 7-11 o’clock are Mlok. Top is pic rail. What’s on the 6 o’clock? I can’t get an mlok rail and mlok adapter for a bipod to fit. Yes, silly question, I know.

1E33897E-39EA-4A1F-992D-1D459C3DE070.jpeg

I think just the bottom are keymod. it is really weird...it looks like m-lok cuts with keymod holes at the end. which is probably ****ed too...I dont think a keymod rail or accessory would attach either. the back of the keymod cut looks too wide.

1637986451965.png

looks like a monday/friday special, I would send pics to MI.

ok, so I’m not crazy? Lol

I have 2 key mod ARs and 1 MLOK and this AR doesn’t look like either. I’ll call Midwest industries Monday.

All those small holes in between cuts are threaded, btw. Not sure if that’s significant. You can see a swivel stud I installed for a bipod but I’m trying to install a rail for a Atlas bipod.

The specs on that rail say three sides M-Lok. It could be that hole is for non-flexible M-LOK mounts. I have noticed on some of the m-lock inserts have to be bent a little to get them to lock into place. So that might just be a way that you can put a hard mount in there slide it forward and then just back it up and tighten it down. Just a guess but it does resemble a Key-Mod mount slot.

Back
Top Bottom