• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dumb Glock question. ..

Glock has never made a factory ported G35 barrel. A 22C barrel obviously wouldn’t fit, and bad things would happen if you tried to use one of the ultra rare factory ported G24 barrels. Neat pictures of factory porting here:
https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/10/27/potd-factory-glock-porting/

Unfortunately LWD has gone away from making really cool, unique caliber conversions and ported barrels. Now they specialize in cringeworthy high-speed fluted AlphaWolf barrels. However they do still have the porting option listed on their website:

https://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=155967

Storm lake still makes ported G35 barrels:

https://www.brownells.com/handgun-p...-fit-ported-barrels-for-glock--prod20473.aspx

In practical terms, there isn’t a competition where a ported G35 would be a smart option. If you want to reduce muzzle rise, something like an SJC custom frame weight would be superior. Or buy some of the 40 minor ammo listed in the classifieds; it would likely shoot softer than a 9mm.

I have one and I just put a 9mm conversion barrel in it and it’s great. Going to order the lone wolf threaded barrel in 40 for it though because I want to suppres it. Also set it up for an Endo tactical brace so it’s like a pistol caliber carbine. This is a pic of my buddies 34 with the brace on it. Waiting on my second Endo to come in as I broke the first trying to bend it.

Attachments

• D6F2EA5F-ACA5-40DE-B878-3E7B5B3C98FB.jpeg
    D6F2EA5F-ACA5-40DE-B878-3E7B5B3C98FB.jpeg
    89.2 KB · Views: 19
I'm certainly not an expert but I would be concerned that attached to a handgun would be viewed differently than an AR. That said, don't they offer ( the actual part that attaches to the Glock ) with a type of butt stock?

I'm certainly not an expert but I would be concerned that attached to a handgun would be viewed differently than an AR. That said, don't they offer ( the actual part that attaches to the Glock ) with a type of butt stock?
They do make a stock for a Glock. Since it’s considered a stock it requires a stamp. I’m putting a kak brace on mine. The atf doesnt differentiate between pistols. Just says a pistol can have a brace and you can shoulder it. People just mostly apply it to an ar or ak because they are the most popular. I wanted a pistol caliber style carbine but wasn’t happy with price and reliability. So when the atf said you could shoulder a pistol with a brace on it I started thinking about something like this. Finally ran across the Endo adapter. But it was only for gen 3 guns and I wanted it for a gen 4 mos. I have been waiting on Endo to make one but they haven’t. Probably due to cost and demand. So I bought one and decided to see if I could make it fit a gen 4. My buddy took it over at this point and found that just a little filing and it fit good. I then took it a step further by heating the Endo to bend it to contact the beavertail of the gun better. My first attempt I heated in wrong spot and possibly over heated it. It broke when I tried to attach it. Bent his in a different spot and it works great. I have a Burris fast fire in mine and it’s crazy how easy and fun it is to shoot.

They do make a stock for a Glock. Since it’s considered a stock it requires a stamp. I’m putting a kak brace on mine. The atf doesnt differentiate between pistols. Just says a pistol can have a brace and you can shoulder it. People just mostly apply it to an ar or ak because they are the most popular. I wanted a pistol caliber style carbine but wasn’t happy with price and reliability. So when the atf said you could shoulder a pistol with a brace on it I started thinking about something like this. Finally ran across the Endo adapter. But it was only for gen 3 guns and I wanted it for a gen 4 mos. I have been waiting on Endo to make one but they haven’t. Probably due to cost and demand. So I bought one and decided to see if I could make it fit a gen 4. My buddy took it over at this point and found that just a little filing and it fit good. I then took it a step further by heating the Endo to bend it to contact the beavertail of the gun better. My first attempt I heated in wrong spot and possibly over heated it. It broke when I tried to attach it. Bent his in a different spot and it works great. I have a Burris fast fire in mine and it’s crazy how easy and fun it is to shoot.
Not 100% sure on that I read a post not even 10 minutes ago that had the atf rules/guidelines that said if the brace and pistol are in the same area not attached it would still have to be stamped I’ll see if I can find that link I may have read it wrong.

Back
Top Bottom