• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dumb or smart idea for ammo casing IDing on range floor?

spistols

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
310   0
Reaction score
Been wanting to get into reloading a particular semi auto caliber. I am collecting my brass now from the range in anticipation of when I do, but find it a pain to sift through the other casings spent by my neighbors in the other lanes.

Does it make sense for me to mark each of my bullet casings with a colored sharpie of some sort, so I can easily identify the brass when on the floor, or even just use my foot to move it to find the marking vs bending over to pick up?

SO are you wanting to only use YOUR brass to reload??
I guess that system would work but honestly I just pick up pretty much any brass in the immediate area that looks like my caliber.
it gets inspected several times as it works its way through the pre reloading stage and any questionable gets chunked in the garbage.
I also on the 38 Super (which brass is impossible to find) use only Nickle plated so its much. much easier to Id mixed in with the 9 MM and such brass.

you could buy a brass catcher. Some look like a butterfly net on a stand, others are smaller and attach to the gun.

The marker will work fine.

1006...Funny you chimed in. I am referring to 10mm ammo, where the range I go to, is rather uncommon, and rarely see 10mm shells on the floor.

1006...Funny you chimed in. I am referring to 10mm ammo, where the range I go to, is rather uncommon, and rarely see 10mm shells on the floor.

I think at any range that 10 MM is going to be seldom found.
of the more modern calibers I find it goes like this as to rarity. 38 Super, 357 Sig, 10 MM brass.
I did find 6 once fired Starline 10 MM cases last range trip.

Back
Top Bottom