• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

dumbed-down schools

20190317_102611.jpg

My son posted this on Instagram this morning

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190317-102006_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20190317-102006_Instagram.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 12
My feelings on the educational problems today is they rely entirely on the computer to do their answers in the decision making progress.

I will have to disagree. The lack of education relies on whether or not the parents care enough to get involved instead of thinking the school system will take care of it.

McDonalds has pictures on the computer screen of the cash and coins that should be given as change..lol

The Federal Department of Education, dumbing down Americans since the 1960's.

Our public schools are basically a bottom less money pit for the taxpayers who have to pay for it, whether u have kids are not. The folks who pay the ride is the folks that own a home or land in my observations teachers and school broads only know how to spend more money not save. I think the only fair way to run schools are this if u have kids in school u pay a tution fee every year for that kid to go to school whether they own a home or land rent or welfare. Not the way its set up now like myself no kids but been paying the ride for years for others you got old folks either no kids or have been out school for years but yet still paying school tax. ( just because they own a home and property) if it wasn,t for school taxes my taxes wouldnt, be so bad its nearly half of my tax bill

As a parent of an Atlanta Public School student, I don’t see any “dumbing down”. In fact, my kids are learning a lot more than I was at their age. My kids are covering material 1-2 years earlier than I did. My son does well on test, but like me has trouble with monotonous task. He and I both have attention deficit, it just wasn’t a thing when I was in school.

I excelled in math and science because it interest me. The rest of it, I pretty much barely passed. I see the same in both my sons and I am trying to keep them engaged in other areas of study. I’d like each of them to know another language and both are well on their way. Yeah, at Kindergarden and 2nd grade.

I told him yesterday, keep his head down and do what he has to, even the boring stuff. Do good enough in math and science and you can have other people do those parts when you get older. That’s what i do...

Back
Top Bottom