• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dunhams Lagrange. We don't accept permits we call it in

i know this. it was a sarcastic joke. but when dealing with fools,treat them like it. by saying an idiot is breaking the law,it scares them and they react accordingly.
most merchants like the speed and convenience of not needing to play with the phone.
i also will not purchase from people who use the online system instead of paper. i had a purchase ready and they popped out a laptop. i asked and they explained its a new option. the 4473 is online. i said no,she said dont worry, the only ones who can see it...my husband,myself, and the atf.
i put up my money and said you and your husband is not the problem,its the atf. they dont need access without discretion. if the system becomes commonplace, i wont buy another new gun... if they need to know about a gun,they need to research it.. they dont need to be able to check and see what guns Bob bought.

i often dont buy from places i dont like. if i have time i screw with places who have crappy policies.

Have you noticed lately the ATF reports almost immediately on gun purchases when a perp goes on a shooting spree?

That type search is supposedly not possible under the current law, but the ATF does, indeed, have all new sales registered and searchable in their database, it just ages after a while. They want it updated with every change of ownership, gotta close that "gunshow loophole".

I've been in this store. It's about 12-15 minutes from my house, but I've been in there maybe three times since they've opened? Prices are high in general and as noted already, they tend to keep few employees. Hard to justify going in there when Academy is in Newnan and Opelika, and there are some good local options in town. Pawn Express will do transfers and sometimes has some steals, and FMJ tends to have a solid selection and decent prices, and if you find it cheaper online and have it transferred, they won't moan as other stores I've been in over the years have (even recall one store that's closed now refusing to do a transfer for me because the price I paid was less than his store's price). There's also another small gun store near Traylor's Pawn Shop that I've never been in, and Traylor's too. Don't think I'm missing one, but Dunham's is certainly low on the list of places to get a gun in the area. There used to be a hunting place off of Exit 13 but heard it closed.

Have you noticed lately the ATF reports almost immediately on gun purchases when a perp goes on a shooting spree?

That type search is supposedly not possible under the current law, but the ATF does, indeed, have all new sales registered and searchable in their database, it just ages after a while. They want it updated with every change of ownership, gotta close that "gunshow loophole".

I don't think it's as much of that as just having unlimited resources during these investigations to do the digging necessary to find the connection. Whereas a normal search might take the ATF days (or weeks), a high priority mass shooting is going to get everyone's attention from the first second. From manufacturer to distributor to first gun store, then the origin 4473. Either they bought it from that dealer or generally buy/acquire it from a friend/family member. Again, since it's high priority, pieces are put together quickly and mass shooters aren't really thinking about how to cover up their tracks. Plus these guns in these events tend to be new or recently purchased, so it's easy to find. Consider that they knew the exact store James Earl Ray bought his Remington from that he used to assassinate MLK. That happened before the GCA 1968 went into law and several years before the ATF existed, but it was a national event that received resources needed to investigate it, nor did James Earl Ray really go through measures to cover up the purchase because he was already an escaped convict on the run.

Back
Top Bottom