• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dunhams Lagrange. We don't accept permits we call it in

Waiting period if you get flagged. Same name as someone else, wrong address, misdemeanor, felony, lol.

This. Very common

From the OP "Then he told me they just document the store location and the price and they can call it in and if it clears I can buy the gun, bullets and even a holster all in the same day because they don't have a hold period."

That sounds more like they wait to verify the price match. If someone gets flagged they have a certain amount of time before the FFL can release a firearm, correct? And they can't release it immediately if he gets flagged?

This thread is giving me a shingles outbreak...

The 'hold' and 'call it in' seems like ignorance, but the locks seem to becoming more common. The ID trade happened to me at a pawnshop in the Conyers hood (NOT Elite Pawn, they're awesome). He told me that after a few Jesse Owens left a vapor trail to the parking lot with an AR or 1911, they had to start getting IDs. My first time seeing that...

should have told them you would report them to the ATF. the way i see a law is,it works both ways.
if you have a permit,the law says they dont call. so calling,breaks the law as much as lying on the form...
if we must follow the rules they impose,so must everyone.

should have told them you would report them to the ATF. the way i see a law is,it works both ways.
if you have a permit,the law says they dont call. so calling,breaks the law as much as lying on the form...

The merchant has the option to use the GWL, or call it in. Nothing illegal at all about. The merchant has every right to set the terms for how it sells its good.

Don't like the way they do business, find another store.

You can't force them to conduct their business the way you want it conducted.

The merchant has the option to use the GWL, or call it in. Nothing illegal at all about. The merchant has every right to set the terms for how it sells its good.

Don't like the way they do business, find another store.

You can't force them to conduct their business the way you want it conducted.
i know this. it was a sarcastic joke. but when dealing with fools,treat them like it. by saying an idiot is breaking the law,it scares them and they react accordingly.
most merchants like the speed and convenience of not needing to play with the phone.
i also will not purchase from people who use the online system instead of paper. i had a purchase ready and they popped out a laptop. i asked and they explained its a new option. the 4473 is online. i said no,she said dont worry, the only ones who can see it...my husband,myself, and the atf.
i put up my money and said you and your husband is not the problem,its the atf. they dont need access without discretion. if the system becomes commonplace, i wont buy another new gun... if they need to know about a gun,they need to research it.. they dont need to be able to check and see what guns Bob bought.

i often dont buy from places i dont like. if i have time i screw with places who have crappy policies.

Or report them to the BBB , merchants don't like being reported to the better business bureau. It stays with them forever.

Back
Top Bottom