• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

DW revolver help

lostchild

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Protector of the 100 acre wood
68   0
Reaction score
Just discovered my Dan Wesson model 15 revolver is sick. Cylinder locks up occasionally, won't rotate. Think it's a problem with cylinder ratchet/pawl assembly. Anybody know a good 'smith around The Tri-City area (Lawrenceville-Suwanee-Buford)?

I was going to mention. There is a gauge in the kit to measure the forcing cone to cylinder clearance so the barrel doesn't get screwed on to tight, but more importantly gives the barrel the right amount of pressure.

Probably the first thing you checked, but , is barrel screwed in too far?
I was going to mention. There is a gauge in the kit to measure the forcing cone to cylinder clearance so the barrel doesn't get screwed on to tight, but more importantly gives the barrel the right amount of pressure.
Thanks for suggestion, guys.
Checked this am and gap is correct per gauge. Afraid I'm gonna need a 'smith.
I remember taking it to a show about 5 years ago to try to sell and the deputy checking/tywrapping weapons having a problem getting cylinder to close. He had wrap between hammer and frame and sorta forced cylinder closed. Maybe bent/broke something?

I just sent a DW revolver back to DW for major service.

Their rates were very reasonable, communications excellent, and reasonably timely as gunsmiths go.

Just me, but I'd start with them, rather than a gunsmith who may have worked on a DW once.

BTW, I was helped considerably by my LGS who mailed it back to DW via USPS which saved me about $60 over UPS or Fed Ex.

I just sent a DW revolver back to DW for major service.

Their rates were very reasonable, communications excellent, and reasonably timely as gunsmiths go.

Just me, but I'd start with them, rather than a gunsmith who may have worked on a DW once.

BTW, I was helped considerably by my LGS who mailed it back to DW via USPS which saved me about $60 over UPS or Fed Ex.
If it's not the barrel try Aces and eights in Winder. Did a great job for me a couple weeks ago. Good guy to work with.
Thanks for suggestions, guys.

Back
Top Bottom