• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

E-File Form 4

Best bet is to buy and forget. Unfortunately the wait time seem to be getting longer :/ I was averaging in the 60s for approvals, but that’s creeping up, and people on reddit are routinely seeing 100 day approvals now.

Best thing to do is buy one, 30 days later buy another, another 30 days later buy another!!
That gets expensive. I’ve been in NFA for more than 15 years and just ordered my 3rd can. It’s expensive and not a ton of NFA stuff does the shooting stuff I need done better than title 1 gear. Plus a lot of hoops that are generally annoying.

If I was granted like 5 free stamps I could figure out what I’d do with maybe 3. After that would be dumb **** I don’t need. Not that the first 3 wouldn’t.

So you average 1 NFA item every 5 years..:confused2::confused2: I been in it just halfway from your time and have more than quadruple the items you have. :boink::boink:

That gets expensive. I’ve been in NFA for more than 15 years and just ordered my 3rd can. It’s expensive and not a ton of NFA stuff does the shooting stuff I need done better than title 1 gear. Plus a lot of hoops that are generally annoying.

If I was granted like 5 free stamps I could figure out what I’d do with maybe 3. After that would be dumb **** I don’t need. Not that the first 3 wouldn’t.

So you average 1 NFA item every 5 years..:confused2::confused2: I been in it just halfway from your time and have more than quadruple the items you have. :boink::boink:
@AK74 yup. Did an AR lower and 22 can at the same time, paper file, like 15 years ago. Then got a 45 can (works on everything smaller) and did an SBS for SnGs. Just did a 308 can for my rattler.

honestly, I don't hunt. I have a suppressor that covers all the stuff I would care to suppress. I just got the 308 can cause it's shorter, and I have a rattler to go with it, and may travel with it/use it as my HD gun and my 45 can wasn't rated for that barrel length.

pistol braces mostly mitigate need for SBRs and certainly make it easier to have something in the 11" barrel range. I don't think it's worth a stamp to do a 14.5 no P&W. I shoot mostly at ranges (like a poor person :grey::grey:) so will be shooting indoors and with others without cans, so I'll be wearing plugs anyway.

I want to do an IDF 10/22 clone but that's 2 stamps and what, besides looking cool, it's silly. I shot semi pro 3 gun for years, so spending money is not a problem I have, but it has to be on something that's "worth it" to me.

I've sent thousands of rounds down range full auto, so that's not a thrill. The SBS has been fired ~10 rounds in the 6 years since I stamped it. I have a SxS I would love to cut down to 6" barrels, but meh. Haven't filed and likely won't.

I'm debating a stamp on the rattler, but honestly it's cheaper to either keep it braced or just get the adapter on my already SBRed lower. I've considered an AOW but really that's just cause I want the different color stamp. Nobody seems to be making a cool one worth the money at the moment.

Keep shopping around, there's more items for you to buy!

@AK74 yup. Did an AR lower and 22 can at the same time, paper file, like 15 years ago. Then got a 45 can (works on everything smaller) and did an SBS for SnGs. Just did a 308 can for my rattler.

honestly, I don't hunt. I have a suppressor that covers all the stuff I would care to suppress. I just got the 308 can cause it's shorter, and I have a rattler to go with it, and may travel with it/use it as my HD gun and my 45 can wasn't rated for that barrel length.

pistol braces mostly mitigate need for SBRs and certainly make it easier to have something in the 11" barrel range. I don't think it's worth a stamp to do a 14.5 no P&W. I shoot mostly at ranges (like a poor person :grey::grey:) so will be shooting indoors and with others without cans, so I'll be wearing plugs anyway.

I want to do an IDF 10/22 clone but that's 2 stamps and what, besides looking cool, it's silly. I shot semi pro 3 gun for years, so spending money is not a problem I have, but it has to be on something that's "worth it" to me.

I've sent thousands of rounds down range full auto, so that's not a thrill. The SBS has been fired ~10 rounds in the 6 years since I stamped it. I have a SxS I would love to cut down to 6" barrels, but meh. Haven't filed and likely won't.

I'm debating a stamp on the rattler, but honestly it's cheaper to either keep it braced or just get the adapter on my already SBRed lower. I've considered an AOW but really that's just cause I want the different color stamp. Nobody seems to be making a cool one worth the money at the moment.

I started buying cans in feb of this year. Dealer Didn’t get the first cans going and entered until middle march. I have 7 lined up now from a range of manufacturers and still waiting.

Was hoping being a longtime CWP holder it might move a little quicker but who knows.

Waiting sucks

People got a kick out of this. It was tongue in cheek.

The only reason why it’s such a PITA to get NFA items is the govt is an asshole.

Anything to deny our rights-and delay- they want.

I cannot comment further, I will get in trouble here.

Thank you

Back
Top Bottom