• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

E92 M3 or 435i??

Lazarus

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
39   0
Reaction score
Any BMW enthusiast on here? Anyone have an M3 or 435? Wondering if I should get a 2009+ M3 or go with the 2014-2014 435i?

M3
Pros: Power, handling, braking, basically it being an M
Cons: Price, interior, basic features

Pros: Interior, turbo, Price, newer feature, easier to mod?
Cons: Lacks a lot of the driving ability of the M3, even with M package (suspension, brakes) and upgrades to get more power will it be just as good as M3?

I have 2006 G35 sedan 6 speed now, has about 300 hp but I think the 435 is still faster. Actually I was going to go look at the 335i when I brought my car but never made it to the dealership. I'm coming from a car that has basic features now, not even navigation and at first I didnt think I would care, that I'd only cared about the drive of the car but I dont know I think the new interior is influencing more than I thought it would. Ideally I would get a M4 but they are priced a little more than I want to spend at the moment.

So the Corvette is coming later?

I don't have any experience with the BMWs you mentioned. I really want a new M3. I've got a 16 M235i and my wife had a 14 335i. Both cars are badass in their own right, for different reasons. I will say that my car has spent more time in the shop for stupid things than any new car should. The 335i had an occasional dash rattle under light acceleration that the deal never could rectify.

All that to say, after seeing my invoices for repairs, I won't own a BMW that isn't still under warranty. Hopefully whatever you get won't have any issues.

The M you want is available in a stick shift, not sure about the 435i. If that matters at all. My car is a stick and I love it, but the gearing is short in overdrive. I turn 1000-1200 more rpm on the interstate than the 335i did.

Also I had a loaner 428 Grande Coupe for awhile. The rear hatch was a very nice feature, I do miss that part.

Also you can get a JB4 plug and play tuner for that 435. It's under $500 and the mechanics at the dealer all run it and say it makes a huge difference.

I have a different perspective. I buy performance German cars like Audi, BMW, Mercedes after they get some miles on them and value drops dramatically. Key to success is having an independent BMW mechanic and know how to get the parts from Pelican, ECS, etc.

Currently have a 2011 BMW 335i coupe, a 2006 BMW X5 with 175000 miles, and wife has a 2007 MB E350. I was thoroughly enjoying a 2005 BMW 330i ZHP coupe until I got back-ended on I75. Replaced it with a 2006 MB AMG C55 which was even nicer that also got rear-ended on I75. I live in Canton and commute in/out of ATL so my cars live in a high-threat environment.

I have a different perspective. I buy performance German cars like Audi, BMW, Mercedes after they get some miles on them and value drops dramatically. Key to success is having an independent BMW mechanic and know how to get the parts from Pelican, ECS, etc.

Currently have a 2011 BMW 335i coupe, a 2006 BMW X5 with 175000 miles, and wife has a 2007 MB E350. I was thoroughly enjoying a 2005 BMW 330i ZHP coupe until I got back-ended on I75. Replaced it with a 2006 MB AMG C55 which was even nicer that also got rear-ended on I75. I live in Canton and commute in/out of ATL so my cars live in a high-threat environment.

What mechanic do you use?

like others said i'd personally go for something like an e30 or e36 m3 but an e30 m3 at this point will prob cost even more than an e92. Between teh two i'd go with the e92 as a NA v8 should generally be more reliable than the turbo engine and plus already makes more power.

Back
Top Bottom