• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Early model hipoint?

N.Ga.Trader

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
197   0
Reaction score
Is this an older model? Sights are fixed and doesnt lock the slide back on the last round. I disassembled it and it doesnt appear to have any to hold the slide back other than locking it back with the safety. Cheap impulse buy, lol.
16009671077978376517395422345518.jpg
16009671407464337748962232969991.jpg

Not that familiar with Hi Point prollem solvas but that looks like any other Hi-Point at a pawn shop.
I still got a hunnerd dollar bill waiting when the OP gets tired of it. But seriously I believe it IS an older model. There is a YouTube video comparing the old models to recent models. One difference is the slide serations are different from old to new. You might also consult the Hi Point Owners Forum. Yeah that's really a thing. Just don't say anything about Muslims and terrorism on there or you'll get permabanned like me.

After a little research, I have found it's an older Hi-point model C, apparently it came out before the c9. It doesn't have a bolt hold open or a magazine disconnect and has an alloy frame instead of a polymer frame. The sights are also cast into the slide and are fixed instead of the later plastic adjustable sights.

After a little research, I have found it's an older Hi-point model C, apparently it came out before the c9. It doesn't have a bolt hold open or a magazine disconnect and has an alloy frame instead of a polymer frame. The sights are also cast into the slide and are fixed instead of the later plastic adjustable sights.
I didn't know they ever had metal frames. Looks like you got a good one.

I suggest call Hi-Point, give them the serial number and they should be able to
tell you date of manufacture. Send it to them "to make sure it's safe" and they'll
repair or replace as part of their lifetime warranty. May not apply to cosmetic
holster wear but be worth a try. Might get a new gun.

Back
Top Bottom