• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Early model hipoint?

After a little research, I have found it's an older Hi-point model C, apparently it came out before the c9. It doesn't have a bolt hold open or a magazine disconnect and has an alloy frame instead of a polymer frame. The sights are also cast into the slide and are fixed instead of the later plastic adjustable sights.

That's similar to the carbines. The first-gen didn't have any kind of BHO while the newer generation does. Of course with the the carbines it was easy to tell what gen was what, since the new ones are just ugly while the old ones required eye-bleach.

That's similar to the carbines. The first-gen didn't have any kind of BHO while the newer generation does. Of course with the the carbines it was easy to tell what gen was what, since the new ones are just ugly while the old ones required eye-bleach.
Yeah the older carbines are hideous. But for some reason they're highly sought after by the nerds on the HP forum. They're commonly referred to as Monkey Stock models. No idea why and I will probably never know since I'm banned over there.
I would hang on to this older one just the way it is unless it's not working properly. I was formerly a little bit of a gun snob in the 90s when I had more cash and credit. So I didn't take a second look at guns like these back then. But I THINK this whole design started out as either Stallard Arms or Haskell. At one point it's been under both of those names. I just can't recall which order. I do know the original models were full size all metal pistols that were slab sided to say the least. A friend of mine owned Macon Gun and Pawn and the sign out front read " New 9mm Pistol $139.99 " . That sign stayed up for years. I do believe that since evolving I to the Hi Point company the guns have improved somewhat.

I remember buying one of the old carbines for $89 at the old Adventure Outdoors. To this day I have never, ever seen an uglier gun.

Luckily ATI made a nice stock for it, and I did it up in Winter camo, and it actually came out pretty nice. Ran like a champ for years as well.

HPnew 001.JPG

I'm out of town for the weekend so I haven't had a chance to shot it but it hand cycled everything fine. I know hi point firearms aren't everyone's cup bbn of tea but I think its interesting.

Saw a Stallard 9mm pistol at pawn shop last week
if anyone needs one for parts or as good door stop.
Hi-point says they're not related to Stallard, previous
H-P owner bought leftover parts etc when Stallard closed.
H-P doesn't have much left, no mags. This Stallard looks
about like pistol in the O.P. but does not have finger
recesses in grip, instead grip & frame straight like 1911.
Tagged at $200, must be co-vid price. Their pre Co-vid
HP prices were $100. It's end of month, maybe they'll
accept $50 offer (cough cough)

Back
Top Bottom