• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

easiest thing to smoke.

I tried some chicken legs this weekend.
Marinate wasn't that good.
Used oak.

Experiment with smoked corn. Not good at all. Bad, bad choice.
Hmmm...Never had bad corn cooked on my grill, but never tried smoking it for hours. I soak the unshucked ears in water for 20-30 minutes and place on a 350-400° grill for 30-40 min, turning every 10 minutes or so. They shuck easy when done and the silk comes right off. Nice, light smoky flavor.

Did you use a rub on the chicken, or just marinate? I always use a rub when smoking. Heavy on the rub.

Sent from my Droid Turbo using TapaTalk

Ok, i need help.
I never smoked anything.

What is the easiest thing to smoke?
And smoking suggestions(time).

lady doesn't want pork.
Ditch the Oak and go to a pecan grove. Pich up a few fresh limbs or ask the owner if you can have a few trimmed green limbs.
CHEECH& CHONG RECIPE WRAP 1 OZ TIGHT,LIGHT,CRANK UP WINDOWS IN YOUR 57 CHEBY,INHALE,HOLD YOUR BREATH THEN EXHALE INTO YOUR PARTNER'S MOUTH.

Ditch the Oak and go to a pecan grove. Pich up a few fresh limbs or ask the owner if you can have a few trimmed green limbs.
There are pecan trees down all over the SE part of the state after the hurricane, should be easy to find some.
Big Green Egg, whole chicken, rub, pan of water, 300-350 degrees til done. Amazing!

I use mostly peach and apple wood. My favorite thing to smoke is leg/thigh quarters because they are so juicy. Boston butts are equally easy and really hard to mess up. Everybody has a different way to do it, it's just up to you what taste the best. Another good thing to cook on the smoker is Chili. Man I love some smoked chili! I have cooked for up to 60 people on this smoker.

IMG_0809.JPG
IMG_0814.JPG
IMG_0815.JPG
IMG_0811.JPG

Back
Top Bottom