• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Easy access trout fishing?

RobCole

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
60   0
Reaction score
I have some family coming in next week. Any suggestion on very easy access trout streams in North Ga that the old timers wont have too much trouble getting to the water? Bonus points if there enough room to swing a fly rod. No wading or floating for the guests but I might get my feet wet.

rock creek has a few open spots along it. and the hatchery on it is setup great to fish. even handicap accessible. just depends on last time they stocked if there are fish there lol. Coopers creek is right next to there also and has some nice open spots near the campground. more chubs than trout in coopers though lol, but they are fun to catch with a light enough rod.

Depending on the weather, West Fork of the Chattoga, you can pretty much fish most of it from the banks, plus there are a lot of turn offs so you can spread the vehicles out. Clayton (Dilliard House) is a nice town if the fishing isn't so good.

The reason I mention the weather, is that if we have had a few days rain travel will be a little dicey, but the fishing will suck any way.

Chattachoochee below Buford Dam. Plenty of parks have good bank access.

Back
Top Bottom