• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Easy Jig Gen 2 - Combined AR-15 and .308 80% Lower Jig

Nice!

Looks like the top plate doesn't sit directly on the lower, so it won't get chewed up like the jig I've used in the past. Am I right about that?

Also, where are you getting your anodized lowers and will a Gen2 PMAG drop free from the magwell?

I look for ones that have the KEY HOLE Forge mark on them and yes all P-Mags fall out easy.

Bear creek arsenal has some now for 40.00

https://daytonatactical.com/collect...roducts/80-ar-15-blem-anodized-lower-receiver

http://www.tacticalmachining.com/80-products/80-ar15-lower-receivers.html

Anderson Arms sells 80% lowers too.

and many more sites with these

Does it work with a milling machine as well ?

The jig will not work with a milling machine as the router Plate has a Collar on it to keep the bit from gouging the top plate.

I have been following Tactical Machining, they seem to have good reviews & have their custom engraving lowers on sale. I kind of like the idea of having my own personal roll mark...that would totally make me an operator :cool:

I have done several of there lowers and all were in Spec with Zero issues.

This is awesome. What kind of router are you using? I still need to buy the jig and a router. Already bought an ar pistol kit.

Cool I built mine into a Pistol so here is that Picture:

4.JPG

Sorry I should have posted what router I used so here is a Picture:
Capture.JPG

Ok so I just got this Jig a few days ago and got a chance to use it today.
It is the Easy Jig Gen 2 - Combined AR-15 and .308 80% Lower Jig and this thing rocks.
It is the best 80% AR jig I have used ever and best of all it does the AR15 and AR10 80% lowers.
These are the Stock images as I forgot to take pictures of opening my box.
View attachment 1350007
View attachment 1350008
Now I followed the instructions and here are some pictures as I was working on it.

More images will be loaded Below.

When I was done with the lowers they turned out freaking awesome (see pictures below)
This Jig allows you to load it and unload it with just unscrewing the Rear of the receiver then removing one screw and pulling 1 pin, you can change lowers in about 1.5 minutes.
When setting up the router just follow the instructions and it is easy peasy.
From start to finish taking my time it took about 2 hours to do one lower and the second one took about 1.5 hours.
You start by drilling one hole and adjusting the bit
until that section is done then pit a pin in and keep going till done with second section then put in the trigger jig in and adjust the router till done with the last section.
Then turn the jig on its side and drill the side holes as directed and you now have a working AR lower.

Pictures:
View attachment 1350013
View attachment 1350014
View attachment 1350015
View attachment 1350016
Anybody selling one of theses jigs?

Back
Top Bottom