• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

eBay sellers beware.

brownbmo

Default rank <2000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
199   0
Reaction score
Just an FYI if you sell anything on eBay. A year ago or so EBay created their own payment processing system and eliminated PayPal.
It looks like In the last couple months they have a new requirement to receive payment from anything you sell there. To get payment you have to send a photo of your drivers license and a bank statement for the checking account you have funds transferred to. Not just the summary page, they require a full detail statement of all transactions for the month.
I just sold something there before I knew it and now they are holding $81 until they receive the full statement. There are all kinds of posts on eBay community with people upset, but all you can do is not use them to sell anymore or submit the info.

They sucked to deal with before and now they really suck!

Facebook requires your SS# if you sell over $599 worth of goods and the buyers pay through facebook.
I had $350 in limbo over this **** and refused to give them my number. Luckily the buyer worked with me and we did a little work around.
I use to sell on ebay all the time till they switched a couple of years ago and started wanting your bank information and SS#.
**** that ****.

eBay did not require my drivers license or bank statement. Been selling in the new system since last year. All platforms are requiring SSN confirmation if you go over $600 for goods and services. I'm keeping as many records as I can showing losses for the items I sell from new. Not sure if it will help or not.

I will stop selling on ebay once I get through some junk in the house. Their fees are untenable.

Thanks for the info. I haven't sold anything on Ebay in the last year or two but last time I was trying to list something a couple of months back I stopped the process when they started asking for my bank info. I'll probably just give them up totally now.

No DL or bank statement, just SSN. This is an new IRS requirement for 2022.

It's a super interesting change several other threads with lots of posts.

F ebay. I have more than 80 positive reviews and 0 negative or neutral. I hadn’t sold anything over $30 in more than a year, so they limited me from selling anything over $20, with no end date.

BTW, Facebook is getting into the act too.

Back
Top Bottom