• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

eBay sellers beware.

From ebay.........

1643083038018.png

People still use craigslist after Trump took the Personals? Lol

I've tried using ODT to sell non gun stuff and haven't had much luck.
Exactly... I have had much better success clearing out things on CL than here. I have given things away, but haven't sold much that wasn't gun related.

You can check out my account (same usre name) on Ebay and buyer/seller feedback. Pretty much done with them. Haven't bought or sold in around a year since they started this ****. Think I'm done with them.

I have zero interest in registering for eBay and giving them my banking info

but for those of you that are eBay buyers / sellers if you wouldn't mind running a transaction for me at some point in the future if I see something on eBay I want to buy, let me know.

I'll throw a few bucks at you for your trouble.

Not too long ago I saw a shotgun barrel on eBay for $10 plus $15 shipping. I didn't buy it, and later I see it's sold for $59.

I probably wouldn't have paid that much, plus shipping, but there could be better deals out there.

With their fees and taxes it ain’t worth it unless it’s an expensive item

For my stuff , I usually take it to a thrift store or just chuck it in the trash .

F it , it’s just not worth the hassle of dealing with all the Craigslist idiots .

IF you itemize on your taxes (harder to do these days), you can take a deduction for items donated to charity. If it's junk that's hard to sell, the tax savings for donating is often comparable to the item's street value (especially for clothing items).

I don't know of any laws regarding "re-donating". Example: buying a $5 item at Goodwill that may be "worth" $100 and donating it back to a charity. If you itemize and are in the 28% tax bracket, that's a net of $23. I won't do it, but it's food for thought. Perhaps a tax professional can provide some insight.

IF you itemize on your taxes (harder to do these days), you can take a deduction for items donated to charity. If it's junk that's hard to sell, the tax savings for donating is often comparable to the item's street value (especially for clothing items).

I don't know of any laws regarding "re-donating". Example: buying a $5 item at Goodwill that may be "worth" $100 and donating it back to a charity. If you itemize and are in the 28% tax bracket, that's a net of $23. I won't do it, but it's food for thought. Perhaps a tax professional can provide some insight.
I've started donating a lot of nice stuff to charity.

What with the tire kickers, the "it's not worth that much", the no-shows, it's easier to donate and take the write off.

Had several people didn't believe that I would donate something to charity instead of sell it for their low ball offer. And by "low ball" I mean bottom of the barrel "I'm doing you a favor to take it" offer.

Back
Top Bottom