• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

EDB

Lol Ive picked at one too to see him show out and it was impressive but like you say the moment I started he grabbed another gear to leave I had to work to get him there. Water moccasins and banded water snakes I deal with almost daily as we have trouble with wet areas getting stopped up by beavers so I’m on their turf a bunch. Water moccasins have never chased me like I’ve heard others say they stand their ground sometimes but mostly haul butt when the see or feel me coming. Banded water snakes are all assholes damn near everyone has stood his ground and tried to fight I kill more of them than moccasins cause they piss me off lol.

Last banded water snake that came to see me

Attachments

• 8B87A588-4947-4091-BF75-30FF3C2ECF5B.jpeg
    8B87A588-4947-4091-BF75-30FF3C2ECF5B.jpeg
    476.5 KB · Views: 29
Luckily I don't think we have any eastern diamondbacks at our place. I stepped on a canebrake back in 2020 while turkey hunting. Like an idiot I was focusing more on trying to get close to the bird more than watching the ground. It was every bit of 3 or 3.5 feet long. It got a turkey load to the face. If you kill an eastern diamond back and don't have plans on it I wouldn't mind buying or trading something for the skin.

I don’t know what the time period is on how long it took to get those pictures but you don’t have to worry about me moving there:bolt:

I don’t know what the time period is on how long it took to get those pictures but you don’t have to worry about me moving there:bolt:
I see a few in March and April, most pictures come in the late summer and fall. Bet I see 20 to 30 a year, only take pics when it's easy. I live and hunt within 12 miles of my farm and a club I run, up there all the time. Saw a 2 ft EDB just today.

I see a few in March and April, most pictures come in the late summer and fall. Bet I see 20 to 30 a year, only take pics when it's easy. I live and hunt within 12 miles of my farm and a club I run, up there all the time. Saw a 2 ft EDB just today.
Wow that’s a lot. I only crossing paths with about 10 timber rattlers in my 63 years at least that I saw

Back
Top Bottom