• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

EDC a full size pistol

MRH

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
God, family, guitars, and guns.
208   0
Reaction score
I have been EDCing a Glock 34 for a few days now. It is not a problem at all with a good belt and holster. I see a lot of people that are convinced it isn't practical or possible to do so without printing too much, but I am seeing hardly any difference in comparison to my G19. I once believed it was impractical too. Even with the addition of a Magpul magwell it is barely noticeable. No more than usual, anyway. I like it. Carrying full size is easy. One difference I have noticed is drawing the long slide vs the 4" G19. It isn't much different, but it is different. Something I will be practicing a LOT.

Anybody else carry full size? What belt(s) are you using?

My father in law used to edc a Glock 22 until I got a him a Shield 45 last Christmas. He said he wouldn't ever go back to carrying the Glock

I think a lot of it is carrying the gun you shoot the best. I have been struggling lately due to hip issues. IWB pushes on the outside of hip and AIWB pushes on inside of hip. I am hoping to have this remedied soon. I like carrying a full size and Im not a full size guy. I plan to buy a JMkydex IWB 3 with a little more cant (20-25 degrees) to carry either my Glock 45 or a 17.

Reactions: MRH
I am 5'6", 150lb, 30" waist. I carry a Sig P320 Compact in a Raven Perun OWB holster with a Wilderness belt. Generally just have an untucked polo or button-up over it and it's fine. I do have wide shoulders and chest so my shirts naturally hang wider than my waist.

For me a 320C is essentially a full size pistol.

Carrying a tiny pistol is nice, but shooting IDPA style with one sucks compared to a duty sized pistol. I figure if I'm going to use a pistol I don't want to fight the disadvantages that come with a micro compact pistol.

My father in law used to edc a Glock 22 until I got a him a Shield 45 last Christmas. He said he wouldn't ever go back to carrying the Glock

I carried a G22 for years, but only in certain places at certain times with an OWB paddle holster.

In a world where almost everyone seems to be going smaller and smaller with carry guns, I am leaning towards the big guns. The world is getting worse by my estimation, and if I ever find myself in the unfortunate situation of having to shoot my way out of something, I want a big gun. Plus it is just as easy to carry the G34 as it is the G19...It is for me, anyway.

I think a lot of it is carrying the gun you shoot the best. I have been struggling lately due to hip issues. IWB pushes on the outside of hip and AIWB pushes on inside of hip. I am hoping to have this remedied soon. I like carrying a full size and Im not a full size guy. I plan to buy a JMkydex IWB 3 with a little more cant (20-25 degrees) to carry either my Glock 45 or a 17.

Totally agree with you. The G34 is a laser beam for me, and the trigger is very nice for a factory job. I'm not a huge guy either. 5' 11", 195lbs of raw steel and sex appeal. LOL!

Everyone should go shoot some sort of class or match with their carry pistol and see how they do. There's a reason nobody likes to shoot snub 38s, G43s, and P365s when it counts.

Of course having one of those is better than nothing if you are in a situation where you absolutely can't carry a duty pistol. I have a P365 for certain times like that but I don't like not having my P320.

I am 5'7" 160 or so. Of course my wife is on a kick of eating clean and fewer carbs so I hope I will be able to carry more AIWB by the time we have eaten better and recover from possible surgery. Losing my gut to carry a larger gun is my incentive.

I'm 6', 265lbs. The 43X with the new 15rnd mags works best for me (got 2 on order) if I'm going to be travelling but around my stomping grounds I just carry a Shield with extra mags. It's getting too humid to edc a bulky pistol for me

Everyone should go shoot some sort of class or match with their carry pistol and see how they do. There's a reason nobody likes to shoot snub 38s, G43s, and P365s when it counts.

Of course having one of those is better than nothing if you are in a situation where you absolutely can't carry a duty pistol. I have a P365 for certain times like that but I don't like not having my P320.

Right on man. I can shoot my G19 pretty well, and I am confident with it. I have practiced with it a lot, and done multiple training classes as well. I have grown to love the G19, but I am even more confident with the G34. It is more accurate, period.

Back
Top Bottom