• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

EDC fixed blade with pocket clip

CAMSDADDY

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
109   0
Reaction score
I am looking for a fixed blade knife that the sheath has a clip that looks like a folder clipped to the pocket. I would like it to look like a folder for the most part. I work and live in an environment where everyone has a knife clipped to their pocket. I would simply like to speed the process up of not having to open the knife but not draw attention like I am carrying a machete attached to my belt. In reality other than at work or at my wife I doubt anyone would notice if that were the case. I would like to keep it under $50. I use it primarily to cut tape on boxes, open mail, cut zip ties on kids toys, and other duties but wouldn't rule out using it to gain space between myself and an attacker.

The crkt obake is a small fixed blade that can be pocket carried. It works better as an iwb knife. The knife comes with a kydex sheath aND a length of paracord. The paracord is supposed to be wrapped around a belt or belt loop and helps deploy the knife by holding the sheath in place when the handle of the knife is pulled away from the body.

gear10.jpg
gear12.jpg
gear13.jpg

CRKT Minimalist. Scabbard does not have a clip but does have a belt ring. It's so small of a profile that it does not draw a lot of attention. Besides it also has a lanyard to be carried as a neck knife. I have one and it's one of my favorite knives that I've picked up in a long time. Very unique imho.

I am looking for a fixed blade knife that the sheath has a clip that looks like a folder clipped to the pocket. I would like it to look like a folder for the most part. I work and live in an environment where everyone has a knife clipped to their pocket. I would simply like to speed the process up of not having to open the knife but not draw attention like I am carrying a machete attached to my belt. In reality other than at work or at my wife I doubt anyone would notice if that were the case. I would like to keep it under $50. I use it primarily to cut tape on boxes, open mail, cut zip ties on kids toys, and other duties but wouldn't rule out using it to gain space between myself and an attacker.
I'm guessing that you're looking for something that will disappear in the pocket but still be able to deploy rapidly? If I might be so bold as to play the devil's advocate for a moment.

If you're looking for something that will appear to be a folding knife and be rapidly accessible the clip would have to be on the handle. Every time you pull it out to open a box you're going to have to dig that sheath out and reholster it, unless you want to play Russian Roulette by trying to reinsert the blade into the sheath in your pocket blindly.

I'd give serious consideration to an assisted opener if speed is of concern. If that's not a viable option perhaps two knives? A small folder that can be opened with one hand to use on the boxes and those damnable zip ties on toys, and fixed blade for those attackers that just won't admit they've failed their interview.

Back
Top Bottom