• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

EDC Prototype - Guaging Interest

I like the fact that you designed it to carry in the watch pocket. Well thought out. :thumb:

You know I'm a fan and I think this knife if wonderful, but I don't have a need for a fixed blade EDC, otherwise I'd be "in" as well. Best to you!

Looks good man. I made several similar to yours and found I liked the small size when testing so I kept 2 and the other is owned by a buddy who needed one for the same purposes. I went with .125" (AEB-L if it matters) to keep them thin and light (plus great slicers). I've got small ones with handles too, but these lie very flat IWB or in a pocket which was what I was after. From using mine as a carry knife, truck knife and cleaned/skinned/quartered several deer I found I liked the thinner stock over thicker choices. I had them cerakoted but left the flats untouched for the cool mill scale texture. Of course I don't use it to pry... much. Everyone has their own preferences for thickness so just something to consider as far as feedback. You made a handy tool either way and it looks nice which is always a bonus. I like the additional holes to lighten it up too.

I carry it with a soft loop or in a pocket, sometimes with one of those knifekits.com spring steel clips (surf fishing in board shorts). I might have put it around my neck once or twice when fishing but I'm an iwb or pocket guy. I also carry AIWB so we may just differ on taste :D

I'll eventually make myself another with a wharncliffe blade. Between work, family, gym, bjj and other hobbies I have not made time for the shop lately.

Back
Top Bottom