• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Educate me on bump stocks

WinstonSmith

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Garthok Narfler
85   0
Reaction score
So I am toying with the idea of getting a bump stock for my core ar15. I don't know much about them besides the basics. I've watched a couple youtube video, looked at the company websites, and did a thread search on here that didn't turn up much. So, I was just wondering what your thoughts were on the product, which product is best in your opinion, and any cons to the idea I may not have thought of. I'm not a big fan of burning through ammo but I thought it might be a nice option to have if I ever decided it was necessary in a last ditch effort kind of situation. Also, should I consider upgrading my trigger if I go with a bumpstock?

Bump fire stocks are range toys. No need to upgrade trigger.

Hard to keep on target, and most of them are plastic.

Fun as hell, but not useful in an any kind of "situation"

If you are looking for a tactical solution, you can add a rapid fire trigger. Google "rapid fire trigger" there are bunch of different solutions.

I have the bump fire stock.

It's easy to install - just don't lose the spring when removing the pistol grip.

It's a gimmick more than anything else but you can lock it into single shot position and use it like a conventional stock.

It will get you attention at the range, for sure!

I have the bump fire stock.

It's easy to install - just don't lose the spring when removing the pistol grip.

It's a gimmick more than anything else but you can lock it into single shot position and use it like a conventional stock.

It will get you attention at the range, for sure!

Or just bump fire the Polish AK74 like a boss! It always makes me giggle when you do it.

For what you are wanting to use it for a really high end trigger group will fit your bill waaaayyyy better then a bump stock. The only purpose to a bump stock is to waste ammo.

Just want to use it while shooting for fun and like the idea of being able to switch at will if I wanted to. I would most likely never use it just had a fleeting grin at having that ace up my sleeve. From the videos it looks like it is easy to stay accurate at short distances with it.

I'm not a big fan of burning through ammo but.....

I had one for one range trip. I didn't care for it myself and I've never seen so much of my ammo wasted by other people wanting to "try it out." I rarely see them at the gun club anymore. Gimmick. That type of fire is for suppression only. Spend the money on training if you are worried about a last ditch fighting scenario. Aimed, deliberate semi-automatic rifle fire is what wins battles.

Back
Top Bottom